Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155
Results 1,541 to 1,546 of 1546

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Our local entrepreneurs pinched the bonnet badge from my XK8, so I camped on eBay and bought several low(-ish) priced ones to allow for ongoing replacement (similarly hubcaps, but that is mainly because tyre shops cannot resist breaking/ losing them!). I stopped doing this when someone at worked pointed out that I was probably fuelling the gig economy, in that I was almost certainly buying nicked ones.

... but when/ if I sell the XK, the new owner will get several bonnet badges and hubcaps in the glove compartment!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodel View Post
    ... look out for a grumpy little Scotsman

In fairness, those adjectives don't narrow down the field of Scotsmen much!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, Jodel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Our local entrepreneurs pinched the bonnet badge from my XK8, so I camped on eBay and bought several low(-ish) priced ones to allow for ongoing replacement (similarly hubcaps, but that is mainly because tyre shops cannot resist breaking/ losing them!). I stopped doing this when someone at worked pointed out that I was probably fuelling the gig economy, in that I was almost certainly buying nicked ones.

... but when/ if I sell the XK, the new owner will get several bonnet badges and hubcaps in the glove compartment!

In fairness, those adjectives don't narrow down the field of Scotsmen much!
    Ooooops, I meant to hit the dislike button lol

Yes I'm biting.
    The myth of the Scots being grumpy or tight, is just exactly that, a myth

Example: I was speaking to Steve Sheldon re his recent meet event, a cracker of an event with tons going on and totally free, with around 160 cars there. The raffle raised around £160 or so I believe, bear in mind this is in England
    My Crieff event also totally free with quite a bit going on and around 55 cars, the raffle event raised around £1300

Grump and tight

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    I never said tight.

... and you sort of proved the "grumpy" bit!

I know that the "grumpy" is just a show that you put on for us foreigners, but it is very effective - even though we all know that all y'alls have hearts of gold really!
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    I never said tight.

... and you sort of proved the "grumpy" bit!

I know that the "grumpy" is just a show that you put on for us foreigners, but it is very effective - even though we all know that all y'alls have hearts of gold really!
    True, you never said tight, but the inference is always there lol, makes me laugh really

Heart? No one said anything about having a heart and I resent that remark

Filters arrived today, all good.
    As it happens I was out having a wander past a certain doctor surgery to see what Jags if any are there, any likely candidates and did see one funnily enough. A possible candidate for thievery!

I had an instant alert from the new "Ring" doorbell lol
    It was the postie and so I said Hi, can I help?
    Yes, I have a parcel, too big for your letterbox.
    Can you please put it in the blue bin please and I'll get it when I come home

When I arrived, there they were, quite nifty

That's all parts received now, except a few packages of Red wheel centre caps for the X type, which may be stolen in short order

Jim

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Lol
    Well that's 2 more than we've had go missing so far, plus it's a hell of a distance to come and nick them, I think I can rule you out Jamie
    And I think she paid about £30 for the set, so wouldn't be worth the fuel either !
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    And I think she paid about £30 for the set, so wouldn't be worth the fuel either !
    Well that's them all arrive and 2 new shiny ones put back on, with 3 now spare.
    I suppose we'll see how it goes next Tuesday, or the next few Tuesdays. The thinking is that's their day off...…

Had a wee drive in the XJ today and what a ****** nice place to be, I'd almost forgotten as I haven't done many miles recently
    Nothing else doing on her at the moment, just too busy with grass / weeds / sheds / driveways / decking / soffits etc etc etc

I do hope to be able to spend a little time on her prior to the run / meet though, all being well

Jim

10. Likes Super350 liked this post
Page 155 of 155 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155