Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172
Results 1,711 to 1,713 of 1713

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    You're a better man than me Jim, watching and telling them before they scratch those precious wheels! I love that you go round taking photos too!

I tend to just take it on the chi; last time I sent wheels in for tyres, new scratches had appeared. It happens every single time I get new tyres. I also hate the way they chuck the balancing weights anywhere, and scratch the old ones off with a meat cleaver (or at least it looks like they do!).

I think if you opened a tyre shop that charged 」50 extra, but guaranteed to look after your wheels, you'd get the business of every car enthusiast for miles!!!!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2009 Mercedes CL500 V8 (Daily workhorse)
    2004 BMW 730d (Being lined up for sale)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: '91 Peugeot 405 1.9GRi, '93 BMW 520i, '92 XJ 4.0 Sov, '94 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 XJ 4.0 Sov, '00 Daimler V8, '03 XJ Super V8, '94 Renault Clio(!), '99 Merc S430L V8, '08 XJ Sov Diesel LWB, '03 Merc S320CDi, '07 XJ Sov Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    That made me smile so much.... I nearly chuckled a little... I get an image of your living room full of old tyres!
    EDIT - I just realised you mean wheel centres, not tyres!
    Ha you beat me with the edit Chris
    I was about to say I think he meant spare wheel centre caps

Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    You're a better man than me Jim, watching and telling them before they scratch those precious wheels! I love that you go round taking photos too!

I tend to just take it on the chi; last time I sent wheels in for tyres, new scratches had appeared. It happens every single time I get new tyres. I also hate the way they chuck the balancing weights anywhere, and scratch the old ones off with a meat cleaver (or at least it looks like they do!).

I think if you opened a tyre shop that charged 」50 extra, but guaranteed to look after your wheels, you'd get the business of every car enthusiast for miles!!!!
    Hi Chris, I just think I work hard for my money and whatever I have, so why let some numpty " only doing their job" cause damage?
    Just do your job properly and take care of / respect other peoples property, simples.

Agree on the balancing weights too!
    We could open 2 branches, you cover the South and I'll take the North

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Good choice Jim, have used Falkens in the past and found them to be very good. Switched to Kumhos years ago due to the price (although they have crept up over the years as they have gotten more popular). Will soon be in the market for a couple, so going to give these Blacklions a try, 」215 for a rear pair fitted seems a very good deal.
    My Big Cat

MY2013 XJ 3.0d Portfolio in Metallic Caviar, 20 inch Kasugas, remapped to +300bhp

Previous

1993 XJR 4.0 Supercharged

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Hard work never killed anyone....but why take the risk

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172