Page 232 of 233 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2328

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrs Teacake had a Clio a few years back. We really liked it, and it was pretty reliable.

Apart from the head gasket. And the brakes. The alarm. The electric windows. The brakes again. And the bonnet catch.
    2011 X351 Supersport, black with black and more black --- Skoda Superb, at the chimes of midnight

Previous cars: 2008 Honda Accord CDTi EX Tourer, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT, 1997 Audi S8, 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy GL, 1960 Austin Mini, 1976 Jensen GT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTeacake View Post
    Mrs Teacake had a Clio a few years back. We really liked it, and it was pretty reliable.

Apart from the head gasket. And the brakes. The alarm. The electric windows. The brakes again. And the bonnet catch.
    We had 3 of the early ones years ago. the same as the ones with the bonnet catch problems although we never experience them. I bought one as a learner car for my 2 sons and they promptly bought 2 each in the next few years, loved them and very few issues to be fair, easy and cheap to fix too.

Not overly concerned to be honest and worst case scenario it has 2 years manufacturers warranty

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out deer poaching late at night again brother? Being The Laird, I thought you owned them all anyway?

Glad to see you didn't catch one this time

Remapgate has finally reached a conclusion for you at least, just be careful with that extra oomph, you're not getting any younger, oh and belated birthday wishes for last Saturday.

However,

I note you are slipping, greasy overalls sat on tan leather, WTF, no protection, nothing!

Fair enough, you'll have been as excited as you were in your twenties when out on the pull, but come on!!!!
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB
    Midnight Black with Ivory & Black Suedecloth Headlining
    All options except Sunroof
    Longlife Exhaust & a Caldoofy - Waft 'N' Loud
    F Pace 19" Bionic Alloys
    Bespoke Sheepskin Rugs

My Showroom Thread

Issues, Fixes & Mods Thread

2008MY Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

Should I feel the urge to exercise, I'll lie down and wait for the urge to pass.

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey rich, yes, glad I didn't hit another deer too, I think 3 in anyone's lifetime is more than enough lol.

Yes I'm glad the remap is finally done, ticked off the list too. I've had a little play here n there, but not really the weather for it at the moment, I'll be able to report further in the coming weeks etc and also to be able to see how the economy has been affected.
    Contrary to what you might think, no leather was harmed in the making of this remap lol.

You're right though, can't say I wasn't excited the night before and on the day, you know the feeling well I'm sure as do many others here.

Had a wee test drive ( albeit as a passenger ) in the Clio today, have to say they've came a long way these pats 10 years or so. That little 0.9 litre putting out 90bhp is every bit as good ( even better perhaps ) than the 2.0 16V Laguna she currently has with around 140bhp, very nippy and eager

Jim

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Has it been on a rolling road, or is the power stated just random guesses?

Certainly something I am interested in, and can get mine done at mates rates, where they grab the map, send it off to some eastern Europeans, who send it back about 30 mins later modified. But no rolling road tests .

Ironically, I work with the former owner of a (now defunct) respected engine tuning company, and keep trying to tap him up to look at my map, but get the usual "I don't touch dirty diesels" (plus he no longer has a rolling road, though given his former life, I'm sure he has access to a cheap one)
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

9. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Has it been on a rolling road, or is the power stated just random guesses?

Certainly something I am interested in, and can get mine done at mates rates, where they grab the map, send it off to some eastern Europeans, who send it back about 30 mins later modified. But no rolling road tests .

Ironically, I work with the former owner of a (now defunct) respected engine tuning company, and keep trying to tap him up to look at my map, but get the usual "I don't touch dirty diesels" (plus he no longer has a rolling road, though given his former life, I'm sure he has access to a cheap one)
    Hi Jamie, not a random guess but not on a rolling road either, no time to faff about and a bit of a luxury IMO at least

They're a well known and respected tuner, one I've used before a few times. the original map was taken from my car and sent away, modified and then put back on the car. They've remapped literally hundreds of these specific cars and it's known values.
    Having driven the car for quite some time I'm aware of what speeds = what rpm etc and know there's a definitive difference, from start and especially through mid range

Incorporating a dyno / rolling road scenario will be more time and more money, but for anyone that wants to experience that, then fair play

I had a play with my X358 v a friend of mine in his std X358, similar year with similar miles and basically just pulled away and kept on going, big difference on a similar remap from the same company

Didn't realise this was something you were thinking about though?
    Jim

Wife's_X_type

11. Likes #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, but would rather it done properly. That said, I've had some pre-made maps on other cars, and there has been an improvement. I just know its nowhere near as good as it can be. The flip side being I can get pre-made maps - the type they send back to you a few minutes later - for mates rates, whereas a real mapping session is going to be significantly into 3 figures...

Decisions, decisions.
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

13. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Yes, but would rather it done properly. That said, I've had some pre-made maps on other cars, and there has been an improvement. I just know its nowhere near as good as it can be. The flip side being I can get pre-made maps - the type they send back to you a few minutes later - for mates rates, whereas a real mapping session is going to be significantly into 3 figures...
    Decisions, decisions.
    Yes Jamie, but surely it makes more sense on a reasonably newish lower mile car that is intended as a keeper for a while.

Unsure where you are with your mileage etc ( just checked briefly but couldn't find anything ) and how long you intend to keep the car?

My last remap was on my XJ X358, the SAME DAY I bought her ( a rash judgement lol ) and had her for 4 years, covering a few miles, the remap essentially paid for itself.

Anyhow, as you say decisions decisions, hope to hear how you get on...…..

Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; Today at 00:39.

Wife's_X_type

15. Likes TheBoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Unsure where you are with your mileage etc ( just checked briefly but couldn't find anything )
    My Forum X351 Owners chart is a fairly valuable reference for this sort of thing.

17. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    My Forum X351 Owners chart is a fairly valuable reference for this sort of thing.
    Ooops, good thinking Chris

Looking on that though it shows as 130k when bought so I'm assuming quite a bit more now, I would've thought not the best scenario for a remap!

Jim

Wife's_X_type

19. Likes chris9369 liked this post
Page 232 of 233 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233 LastLast