Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233
Results 2,321 to 2,329 of 2329

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    My Forum X351 Owners chart is a fairly valuable reference for this sort of thing.
    Chris, you need to add a extra column to your chart so that we know the fate of these cars, sold/scrapped /write off etc.
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Unsure where you are with your mileage etc ( just checked briefly but couldn't find anything ) and how long you intend to keep the car?
    Mac's info is wrong. Its 130k as of this year. Probably around 133k. No idea if I'm honest.

As to keeper, unsure. It does the job fine (ignoring the stupid clock, the stupid mirror and the lack of grab handles), but I can't say we've gel'd. If I was in Mac Doc's unfortunate situation, its quite fair to say I would not have another X351.
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, WanderingTeacake, #steve liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    (ignoring the stupid clock, the stupid mirror and the lack of grab handles)
    Oh, and the Satnavs/radios/etc in the 18yr old Zafira and the 17yr old Omega both allow 100% operation from the steering wheel. Another top mark for Vauxhall!

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mac's info is wrong. Its 130k as of this year. Probably around 133k. No idea if I'm honest.
    As to keeper, unsure. It does the job fine (ignoring the stupid clock, the stupid mirror and the lack of grab handles), but I can't say we've gel'd. If I was in Mac Doc's unfortunate situation, its quite fair to say I would not have another X351.
    Heyup victor lad lol
    I don't have an issue wit ha stupid clock / mirror, but do really miss the grab handles to be fair, although not enough to turn me off the brand
    135k - 140k still quite high, generally speaking to be thinking of a remap, but interested to hear what you decide / how you get on etc if you go for it

Oh, and the Satnavs/radios/etc in the 18yr old Zafira and the 17yr old Omega both allow 100% operation from the steering wheel. Another top mark for Vauxhall!
    Jamie, you crack me up, I swear you're the world's biggest Vauxhall fan and have a real disliking for Jags and yet you're still here

I have to say although, ( going back to the age old question ) I was an am a Ford man to be honest. That said I did have a lot of fun in a few Vauxhalls, of many descriptions lol

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

8. Likes #steve, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Chris, you need to add a extra column to your chart so that we know the fate of these cars, sold/scrapped /write off etc.

Ouch! You know how to kick a man when he is down!

10. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, Jimbov8, JimC64, WanderingTeacake liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, not a great Vauxhall fan, generally hate 'em, although the Omega was a hard car to beat. I bought my first in 2003 to get me through the winter (I rode bikes in the summer), and also for a trip to the South of France in the summer of 2004. That car got scrapped in 2017, as I failed to find a worthy replacement. I'd also point out that it was perfectly capable of setting the clock, unlike the stupid (early) X351.

I certainly don't class 100k+ miles as high mileage. Unless its been dealer serviced to manufacturer intervals. This is the 21st century, and its fair to expect any well maintained engine to go way beyond 250k miles. And I've certainly chipped/reflashed no end of >100k miles cars. So the mileage wouldn't deter me from remapping it, in the same way high mileage would be a blocker to buying a car... ...quite the opposite really.

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, come on Mac, chop chop....

14. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes #steve, JimC64, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all, you will find the same info when reading about old Bentleys etc.

So come on chop, chop lol.
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

16. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, nearly spat my coffee all over the desktop reading that, very funny, ballsy and very very close to the bone, in fact ON the bone lol
    That said I know Chris has came away with some crackers in his time...

Boom right in the nether regions with that one Chris lol

Nah, not a great Vauxhall fan, generally hate 'em, although the Omega was a hard car to beat. I bought my first in 2003 to get me through the winter (I rode bikes in the summer), and also for a trip to the South of France in the summer of 2004. That car got scrapped in 2017, as I failed to find a worthy replacement. I'd also point out that it was perfectly capable of setting the clock, unlike the stupid (early) X351.

I certainly don't class 100k+ miles as high mileage. Unless its been dealer serviced to manufacturer intervals. This is the 21st century, and its fair to expect any well maintained engine to go way beyond 250k miles. And I've certainly chipped/reflashed no end of >100k miles cars. So the mileage wouldn't deter me from remapping it, in the same way high mileage would be a blocker to buying a car... ...quite the opposite really.
    Fair play Jamie, although I think you're probably in the minority, at least as far as my experience goes

Hope to hear how it goes as you're not deterred, get 'er done ole boy

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

18. Likes mac_doctor, #steve liked this post
Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233