Or wrong tint
    Ahh yes, that too.

Me being me, just called and checked, can't be too careful

Acoustic glass
    Rain sensing
    Tinted
    Heated

Quote Originally Posted by #steve View Post
    Autoglass are usually pretty good Jim, you have just got to wait an hour for the glue to set before using the car.
    Used them before Steve, but a lifetime ago when I had the Audi, so around 15 years ago

Spoke to Mandy who was very nice and helpful and confirmed al of the above AND checked, set up a local appointment at the local branch for this Saturday, so a little earlier too

Happy days

Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Ultimate Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia, Remote boot mod and illuminated treadplates added, currently at 53k miles
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors 95k miles

2. Likes #steve, FlatCap liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As with all these fitters, it depends on who you get. I got a complete numpty.
    Fitting glass is their forte. Trim, clips, electronics and the torque specs for the wipers is something I will do myself next time.
    2007 S type R, Radiance Red/ Champagne

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say Jim your thread never ceases to involve a good read if you miss a few days! Glad you enjoyed your break and the photos look good. Car getting pride of place at the door.

I had to take Janis’s focus the other day to take some stuff to the dump and she had to use the XJ, just so happens she passed me as I headed out, and have to say the old X350 did look real nice heading toward me as it came out the junction all freshly washed and wheels done...
    2005 Sport Premium 2.7TDVi X350(6)
    Black on Black with aluminium trim
    Rear Entertainment, Premium sound with ACM
    UHF converter connected to TV aerial with switchable Freeview or iPod with Netflix
    19” customs
    148000 miles and counting
    Owned since 2 July 2017

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKis View Post
    As with all these fitters, it depends on who you get. I got a complete numpty.
    Fitting glass is their forte. Trim, clips, electronics and the torque specs for the wipers is something I will do myself next time.
    I'm sure you're right MrKis.
    Glass is their business, everything else is a by product. As always though ( socially distancing as best I can ) I'll never be far away whilst the job is being done and checked afterwards as thoroughly as possible.
    About all you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    Have to say Jim your thread never ceases to involve a good read if you miss a few days! Glad you enjoyed your break and the photos look good. Car getting pride of place at the door.

I had to take Janis’s focus the other day to take some stuff to the dump and she had to use the XJ, just so happens she passed me as I headed out, and have to say the old X350 did look real nice heading toward me as it came out the junction all freshly washed and wheels done...
    Thanks Glenn was a nice wee weekend away, very enjoyable but amazingly tiring considering it was supposed to be relaxing, don't think we've really got the knack of that lol

Not surprised you like the look of the X350 coming towards you, she's a cracker and you also happen to be more than a little biased lol

Had a call from the cops today, re the X type damage, they're still chasing Tesco and it was just an update. It'll probably come to nothing, but as we're still poking / prodding etc nice to know they're still doing whatever they can, even if it does come to nothing.

Cheers
    Jim

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Ultimate Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia, Remote boot mod and illuminated treadplates added, currently at 53k miles
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors 95k miles

Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you may know, I've had a small chip / crack on my windscreen for a wee while, time to get fixed

She's booked in, but I thought not really that bad and so gave it a little tap the other day, the crack opened up to around 3" or so, definitely needs replacing.

Anyhow, I left early doors this morning and it was a little cooler outside ( heading for a quick haircut and then a wee run down to Gourock, before dropping by the office ) and so heated seat / steering wheel activated and also MAX setting on the heating.

Of course this initiates the heated screen >>NUMPTY<< I'm driving along and a few minutes later that 3" crack widened across most of the screen

I was worried about driving, waiting on the whole thing going, but she held together, just didn't look great....

Anyways, she's booked in for tomorrow, so should all be good.

On the way back, I decided to drop in to see the guys at Prestige Jaguar for a wee catch up, driving in I just caught a glimpse of this....

I thought to myself, I know THAT Jag, that's Colin's and had an idea...I'd take a picture and WhatsApp him with it, I see your car, know where you're at etc

I get out the car and casually look around and see a guy sitting at the coffee table of the outside snack bar waving, lol, there's Colin, coffee in hand. It was good to catch up and had a wee chat, before he got the call his car was done, passed all A ok, with just a couple of pounds to pay

Colin headed home and a chat with Ian / Dougie for half an hour or so before I'm on my way too

Jim

Wife's_X_type

9. Likes seagull, FlatCap, coling, #steve, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Col Lives!!!!!!
    Rhubarb, 2003 Super V8 Radiance Red,Sepangs, Iron Fist Velvet Glove. I am not a car guy.

Going back thru time
    Volvo V70 D5-Gary
    Bmw 530d E39
    Bmw 520d touring F11
    Bmw 330d touring F31
    Bmw 330d coupe E92
    Volvo 960 Cd estate, greedy bugger
    Mercedes W124 300d multivalve,loved the chip fat
    Porsche 997 C2
    Honda Civic Cdti
    Astra 1.6
    Jeep Grand Cherokee
    VW Golf GTDi
    Subaru Impreza Turbo Terzo
    Mazda MX6
    Carlton 2.0 Cdi
    Mercedes 190e
    Orion Ghia i
    Audi 90 2.2
    Mini

10 vans and a Jcb 533 105

11. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes coling, JimC64, #steve, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As said pleasant wee surprise to see you Jim, good to chat and have a see catchup. Hope all goes well tomorrow with the windscreen replacement.
    XJL X351 MY2011 5.0 V8 Portfolio on 22k
    http://www.jaguar-v8.uk/
    Show thread:
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=111207

Range Rover Vogue, 4.2 V8 Supercharged, Grey '08 now on 85k
    http://bit.ly/2kB60lW

Previously

XJ X358 2.7Tdvi Sovereign, Vapour Grey '08 70k
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=98612
    X Type Sport, 3.0 V6, Racing Green '03 plate 80k.
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f69/my-3-0-x-48345.html

13. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, #steve, mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way AUTOBIOGRAPHY screens don't crack lol.
    2010 Jaguar XJL V8 Portfolio.

15. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes WelshBoa, coling, JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... ain't that the truth.

17. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, we'll see if / when the Doc cosies up to another Mondeo's rear

Jim

Wife's_X_type

Page 327 of 327 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327