Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoken like a true Gentleman Jim.
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

2. Likes Jimbov8, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a nice looking car they have let you use, will be interested to hear your views on it after it goes back . Pleased that you are getting things sorted out.The amount of effort you have put in promoting the brand it is no more than you deserve.
    Read with interest the thread on your meeting and the pictures that were posted. Hope that all is well that ends well.

4. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kbizet View Post
    That's a nice looking car they have let you use, will be interested to hear your views on it after it goes back . Pleased that you are getting things sorted out.The amount of effort you have put in promoting the brand it is no more than you deserve.
    Read with interest the thread on your meeting and the pictures that were posted. Hope that all is well that ends well.
    Thanks Kbizet, yes the Discovery Sport is a nice car for sure, never having had an SUV it takes a little getting used too for sure, seems like a bigger beast than it actually is initially.

Drives really well to be fair, good high seated position of course, seems a little heavier on fuel than mine does though, by quite a bit. The wife and the boys love her and want one of course, but I'll quite happily stick with the Jag. She does seem to lag initially in the sprint dept but a big car to move, once going though no problem and has a decent amount of get up n go.

May now be an issue with my wheels, looks like they may have been refurbished before either by the PO or the garage i bought the car from, this of course will mean any warranty claim will be null and void in that area, sounds about my luck, but we'll see....

Shame you couldn't make the meet, it was a great day, went really well and we'd have loved to have seen you / your car.

Cheers
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, they think the wheels were refurbished in just 2 years?? That sounds unlikely.... unless the previous owner curbed the life out of all four of them? But all four? Wow?

Are you sure they are not just trying it on?
    Regards
    Chris Clark

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

8. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Wow, they think the wheels were refurbished in just 2 years?? That sounds unlikely.... unless the previous owner curbed the life out of all four of them? But all four? Wow?

Are you sure they are not just trying it on?

I know Chris and am looking into it....

I called the dealership I bought the car from and explained the situation, explaining I have no axe to grind with them, but just need correct info, were the alloys refurbished at any point in your care once you had the car in stock?
    He went and checked and advised....The car came in such great condition that basically was washed and entered the showroom more or less immediately.

With the car being in such great condition with only 17k miles on the clock I too find it hard to believe that they were refurbished ( all 4 being damaged at one point too )

There's not much further checks I can do unfortunately, that said it's not a definitive no at this point although the possibility has been mentioned.

I'm on the case, trust me lol

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

10. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim, I agree all 4 damaged within 2 years is unlikely, but possible if car was parked in a city?
    Judging by your photos, I would say there is evidence of a previous repair, but possible either way. Sorry this is not what you want to hear, but could be a manufacturing defect.

Glad to hear you are making progress with the other issues!
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

12. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever considered that those poor wheels may be the victim of unwarranted overcleaning? Some of us keep a protective layer of mud to protect them from such things.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

14. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, C16RKC, Chris.t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Have you ever considered that those poor wheels may be the victim of unwarranted overcleaning? Some of us keep a protective layer of mud to protect them from such things.
    Lol, see what you did there Chris.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

16. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64, mac_doctor, C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Or perhaps the damage was caused, by the aggressive and hasty removal, of "Baboon buttocks Red" brake caliper-paint overspray?
    Regards
    Chris Clark

18. Likes Jimbov8, mac_doctor, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    There's not much further checks I can do unfortunately, that said it's not a definitive no at this point although the possibility has been mentioned.
    The previous owner's address is on your V5. Look up their number and give them a bell
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

20. Thanks C16RKC, JimC64, Ashanti thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC, JimC64 liked this post
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast