Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    All my fingers are crossed for you Jim!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pleased to hear it looks sorted out now

4. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one, gotta admit after reading all the horror stories I wasn't sure it could be fixed. Remember reading a thread on here a couple years back chap think he had a silver one - same problem, in the end out of a year it spent most of it's time at the dealership.
    XFR, XJ X351, XJR X350, S-Type 2.7D Sport, XJR X308, X-Type 2.5 Sport, XJ X300 Sport

6. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like great news Jim, hope that solves the issue.
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

8. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all....

Between the Jag being away getting this warranty work done, and the pc issues with the desktop being killed off by the extremely hot weather and having to be replaced, plus loads more I just haven't been anywhere near the site in a week or so.
    Wondering what I missed, if anything?

Took the car out again just a wee while ago, late night trip to all night garage for a few things. I have to say it's great to be back in my own car and enjoying the space, the power and most of all the quiet.
    No radio / CD etc...….just silence and it was golden, for now anyway.

All that said, here's my pet hate. Your car goes in to the dealers ( any dealers - they all do it ) with all your settings nice and sorted, just where you want them.
    Of course as part of diagnostics the radio is turned off, the auto lights / wipers etc are turned off too. That coupled with the interior mirror being moved to suit a slightly shorter person , and probably another couple of settings, always really winds me up lol

First world problems eh?

Going to spend some time getting re acquainted over the coming days and this weekend, THEN the Fort William run /meet event a week this coming Sunday!!
    Really looking forward to it.

Then only 3 weeks to go until full pro detail on the car.
    I have to speak very nicely to Niall and see if he'll do one of his special "pro pics" shoots for photographs of her when she's looking her best

Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; 11-07-18 at 08:17.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

10. Likes Jimbov8, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    That coupled with the interior mirror being moved to suit a slightly shorter person , and probably another couple of settings, always really winds me up lol
    My previous cars have had the interior mirror on the seat memory system as well, and its annoyance of the Jag. Esp when that strange shortarse species know as a Mrs TheBoy uses the car !
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

12. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep my 2003 S class had a memory motorised rear view mirror. Did come in handy!
    Regards
    Chris Clark

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    My previous cars have had the interior mirror on the seat memory system as well, and its annoyance of the Jag. Esp when that strange shortarse species know as a Mrs TheBoy uses the car !
    My previous XJ X350 had the interior mirror on the memory system - so its an annoying omission on the X351.

XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio, Mondeo Estate 2.0TDCi, '67 Triumph TR4A

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, first world problems I suppose....

That said with this car and others being so advanced, instead of having a memory position for the seats, door mirrors etc, why not have a personalised settings options?

This could include for seats and mirrors position ( including rear view ) and much more. I'm thinking about preferences for auto lights, auto wipers, dash dials setup, maybe even radio preferences and AC setup etc.

Driver 1 has the seat in a certain position, prefers auto lights / wipers ( not everyone does - Phil ) certain radio stations and also settings for the AC, perhaps set at 20 degrees or similar
    Driver 2 is a short arsed person, does not like auto lights / wipers and perhaps likes the car hotter / cooler

You could really go to town and have more things included, surely the way forward?

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dbug View Post
    My previous XJ X350 had the interior mirror on the memory system - so its an annoying omission on the X351.
    I find that hard to believe; I've never seen an X350 with a motorised interior rear view mirror (the one at the top of the windscreen, inside the car!). It's certainly not in the brochures. I think you might be getting your cars crossed. My X358 does not have it, nor did my X350 Super V8 or my other X358 Sovereign.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Like I said, first world problems I suppose....

That said with this car and others being so advanced, instead of having a memory position for the seats, door mirrors etc, why not have a personalised settings options?

This could include for seats and mirrors position ( including rear view ) and much more. I'm thinking about preferences for auto lights, auto wipers, dash dials setup, maybe even radio preferences and AC setup etc.

Driver 1 has the seat in a certain position, prefers auto lights / wipers ( not everyone does - Phil ) certain radio stations and also settings for the AC, perhaps set at 20 degrees or similar
    Driver 2 is a short arsed person, does not like auto lights / wipers and perhaps likes the car hotter / cooler

You could really go to town and have more things included, surely the way forward?

Jim
    Yes it could be specific to the Key maybe? Or set using the on screen menu. You are on to something there Jim!!

The thing is.... I believe our German friends have already done that... I believe Mercedes can store all sorts of things in a personal profile, seat position, radio station etc....

Its just a shame the Mercedes isn't a Jaguar!!!
    Regards
    Chris Clark

17. Likes JimC64, mac_doctor liked this post
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast