Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming up for 5 months of ownership already

Don't know where the time has went. That said she's sitting at a little over 26,000 miles and a fair trip tomorrow to Lutterworth, Leicester etc and back, so that'll be 10k miles in my ownership already.

If that continues I'll be looking at around 24k for the year, a little more than usual as I normally only clock up around 15k or so!

Changed days from my early Sales rep day when my average was 50k -60k per year, with 70k the most travelled in a year. The cars at that time only had a lifespan of 2-3 years and then had to be changed generally.

Have a wee 300 miler at the weekend too with the trip to Fort William, hoping for decent weather and looking forward to the craic and a wee spot of lunch with like minded individuals

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    24k in 1 year????
    I have clocked 10500 miles in the Autobiography that I bought the end of April 2016.

I have never experienced any rattles or noise.

Jim, could you do me a favour, please?
    Could you please sit in the back seat and test the Audio system, I think mine doesn't get sounds from the back. You feel the sound coming from the sides and front of the cars only.
    I took it to the dealer, who states that it is working as it shoulld.
    Bear in mind that mine is the Reference model.

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience so far.

They had to change the back modules for issues with the system, with blank screens and rebooting system.
    Since then no major issues.

The touch screen is still not very responsive.
    On starting the car and pressing on the NAV button, it states NAV is not available. I have to wait for around 30-45 seconds for it to start.
    There is no sync option for the rear screens
    The front sensors are really slow and late to react.
    The sunroof doesn't work in the global opening/closing. (No android/iphone apps to code the system like VW, BMW)
    i BOUT THE PEDAL BOX PLUS, BUT THE CAR REJECTS IT WITH (RESTRICTED PERFORMANCE)- I bought to use comfort mode, but have a responsive throttle.
    The massage is not comparable to the ones on the 7 series or S-class.
    The surround camera system doesn't show the 360 camera unless you press it (it only shows the back camera), and if you activate the 360 camera, you lose the normal view on the back camera with no guidance lines. (Check the back up camera for the 7 series, it is perfect)

Still, I love the car. It is more beautiful than any comparable car.

4. Thanks Ashanti thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, just decided to go ahead and get the Dashcam sorted, so.....

I have the Nextbase Duo dashcam fitted bundle deal from Halfords and am having it fitted tomorrow morning, happy days

https://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-duo-hd-dash-cam

It includes the Nextbase Duo HD Dashcam, c/w 16GB Micro SD card, hardwire kit and fitting for £204.00 so that'll do nicely thanks very much.

I had the Nextbase dashcams fitted front n rear on my X358 and they worked well, so stuck with them. I had considered going down the route of the Backvue but stuck instead of twisting in the end sometimes better the devil you know and all that....

Looking forward to having this installed and having some protection whilst on the road

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes Jimbov8, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Laird's go, you're a good one James

Make sure you have your IT chap download the latest Replay software to your PC.

When you play back it shows the front footage followed by the rear footage of the same segment of time.

You might also consider upping the 16gb to a 64.

Gotta go, time to make my own scran or I'll starve.

Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Rear Silencers Removed
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

8. Likes Jimbov8, JimC64, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashanti View Post
    As Laird's go, you're a good one James

Make sure you have your IT chap download the latest Replay software to your PC.

When you play back it shows the front footage followed by the rear footage of the same segment of time.

You might also consider upping the 16gb to a 64.

Gotta go, time to make my own scran or I'll starve.

Cheers Rich lol

Ahead of you with the SD Card, the 16Gb comes with it as standard but will probably upgrade as I did previously.

Booked in for 11am tomorrow so should all be done by 12pm thereabouts, then home for a wash n detail ( all the interior and engine bay already done so will just need a quick going over ) tyres blacked and put to bed. Then help Ross with his X308 that he recently bought, the one I had talked about....

Just a quick going over to finesse some of the points that the "valet" will have missed and make her look that little bit better hopefully, then the run on Sunday morning to Fort William

Here's a short video of some of the roads we'll be travelling, the waterfall we go to every year at 1.19 secs ( you can see the smaller waterfall, the larger one is immediately to the left and cannot be seen on this video )

Jim

10. Likes seagull liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had the dashcam installed today, Nextbase Duo, a great little unit. I've had experience of these before having had 2 of the older units on my X358 covering front n rear, this is a dual unit covering both.

Installation was smooth, nice n clean and camera positioned nice n high, tight behind the rear view mirror, I upgraded to the 64Gb SD card and selected 5 min recordings.

The unit comes with wide angle front lens and Zoom rear lens, 1080P /GPS and Full HD / Wifi, it also has Parking mode whereby any movement sets it to record for 2mins, all good.

There's also a smartphone app available that lets you log in via the phone to view and download content, pretty cool

Anyhow, that done it was time to refresh for tomorrow's run to Fort William.

The car was washed, detailed inside n out, Poorboys Blackhole and tyres dressed, all sorted just as a few spits of rain hit the windscreen lol

Looking forward to the run / meet tomorrow, a few call offs but should still see around 15 cars or so

Jim

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455