Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always grab a spare one Jim and get that fitted instead of messing about. This one looks in great condition

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282335592459
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

2. Likes C16RKC, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Keeping the X358 is an idea Jim - one I have thought about. But if I did that I'd probably rather more of a toy; like an Aston Martin DB7 or Maserati Grantourismo...

Never mind.. no rush.
    Hope the painting is going well. Sorry to hear about the wheel...
    Thanks I'd managed to forget about the wheel for 5 minutes, now back on my mind
    The painting is calling, but I'm managing to ignore so far, must do something as Mrs C did her shift earlier today, wee soldier that she is
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by L80OUS View Post
    Diamond cut/polsihed alloys on XJ's are by far the best looking alloys - when they look perfect. When the water get's behind them they look the worst. Hope you get it sorted the best way in order it doesn't let your lovely XJ down Jim, I'm postive you will as cost when it comes to your XJ's isn't a problem. Looking forward to this detailing session still.
    Thanks L80ous.
    Re cost not being a problem lol

Recent work on the X type ( some of which I was down for ) upcoming service and detail of the XJ and various paints, carpets and other ""necessities"" along with a few Jag trips and Portugal in 6 weeks time mean they may just have to wait a while unfortunately.
    I'm buzzing for the detailing session and just chatted with Craig the other day, hoping to get in and spend an hour or so watching the master at work, take some pics and maybe a video or two to share.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    You could always grab a spare one Jim and get that fitted instead of messing about. This one looks in great condition

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282335592459
    That could be a really good call Ian if it weren't for this damn staggered setup lol
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes L80OUS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well counting the days till Friday and an early start to get the Jag into Prestige for a full service to include for engine oil / filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter. I'm also getting them to top off my DEF fluid when there ( makes sense )

Then it'll be hand over to Craig to work his magic on the paintwork over Fri / Sat

Hoping to get in to spend an hour or so and take some pics, maybe a video or two.

I'm so excited I could jump off a dolls house, or even crush a grape lol ( Only those with memories of the 70's will remember that )

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Likes Alec Escolme, Jimbov8, Ashanti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy days

Look foward to the detailing pics.
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Well counting the days till Friday and an early start to get the Jag into Prestige for a full service to include for engine oil / filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter. I'm also getting them to top off my DEF fluid when there ( makes sense )

Then it'll be hand over to Craig to work his magic on the paintwork over Fri / Sat

Hoping to get in to spend an hour or so and take some pics, maybe a video or two.

I'm so excited I could jump off a dolls house, or even crush a grape lol ( Only those with memories of the 70's will remember that )

Jim
    Ooo, shut that door. Rock on Tommy.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec Escolme View Post
    Happy days

Look foward to the detailing pics.
    Yep me too Alec, well the reality, but the pics too.
    How did you go with your wheels?

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Well car at Prestige being serviced and highlights this.....

Leaky diff, not good...

Booked in to Pentland Jaguar for 28th August for remedial work as required under warranty

More to follow on service and detailing.....

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    You’ll be wishing you held onto your old trusty steed at this rate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    You’ll be wishing you held onto your old trusty steed at this rate!
    Lol what are you gonna do?

If it has wheels or boobs it's gonna cost you money, simples!

Jim

13. Likes seagull, Jimbov8, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You’ll need that sorting before that long drive 1st Sept. Hopefully just the seal and a top up of fluid and on your way.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 LastLast