Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    The boot closing problem is more likely to be a safety issue, in that you can only motor it closed from the boot switch so you can see there are no obstructions.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon this is country dependent with the boot close operation. For safety reasons it won’t let you, but it’s in the manual from other countries.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kbizet View Post
    Jim have only just caught up with the thread and and I have to say that the detailers have done a great job your cars always look good anyway but it looks even better now.
    Thanks Kbizet, glad you enjoyed it, looks awesome, or at least it did lol
    It'll be all good again once I get some good weather
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Wow. That was clean. A shame that (I assume) it didn't last until you got home! I'll lend you a few of my snails, they'll cure you of this obsession. Scottish weather doesn't lend itself to car house proudness, in my experience. Nor do Scottish roads, for that matter.

... now I have to go and check my boot too. I am fairly sure that the whole electric boot thing is one way (open) only on my car, but as that was exactly what I expected it never occurred to me that there was something broken.
    Yes Chris, was clean right enough...
    It's the scratch removal though that lends to the high shine, it'll be back when cleaned on a nice day.

We do have them up here you know, in actual fact way too may nice hot sunny days just recently.....I've been praying for a little cooler weather and some light Scottish rain, being part ginger I don't do too well in the heat.
    Surprised about your comments on Scottish roads though, in general much better than those down South I'd say, probably down to less traffic. It all depends on where you were I suppose.
    Cheers Chris

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    The boot closing problem is more likely to be a safety issue, in that you can only motor it closed from the boot switch so you can see there are no obstructions.
    But it senses obstructions, and reverses if any are found....
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    I reckon this is country dependent with the boot close operation. For safety reasons it won’t let you, but it’s in the manual from other countries.
    That makes sense. I wonder if there is a configurable setting somewhere, because I would find it useful to be able to close from the fob (save having to walk back out after unloading shopping etc).
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Surprised about your comments on Scottish roads though, in general much better than those down South I'd say, probably down to less traffic. It all depends on where you were I suppose.
    Cheers Chris

Jim
    OK. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on this, until I hit a bl**dy great pothole on a particularly twiddly bit of the A814, and blew my left front tyre out. To add insult to injury it was 5 miles before I could safely pull over. So - to cut to the chase - where can I get a 245/40ZR20 (yes, yes, not 40!) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GTJ tomorrow morning? Are they sided?

i can’t imagine that every kwik-fit has them on the shelf, even up here where the Laird lives!
    Last edited by mac_doctor; Yesterday at 21:21.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

7. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Certainly my manual says: "To close the luggage compartment, press the button on the closing edge of the luggage compartment lid.". Nothing about pressing the fob button again (or the interior button).
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt on this, until I hit a bl**dy great pothole on a particularly twiddly bit of the A814, and blew my left front tyre out. To add insult to injury it was 5 miles before I could safely pull over. So - to cut to the chase - where can I get a 245/40ZR20 (yes, yes, not 40!) Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GTJ tomorrow morning? Are they sided?

i can’t imagine that every kwik-fit has them on the shelf, even up here where the Laird lives!
    The Laird, lol will this ribbing never end?

Small, narrow poorly lit country roads and a big car coming the other way, blah blah blah

After we established that you do in fact, like the rest of us have a standard car ( If ANY XJ can be called that ) and run standard 245 40 TWENTY tyres on the front like the rest of us, we managed to make some progress

Oh I know, a typo in the heat of the moment blah blah blah lol.

Anyways, think we managed to get you sorted and all good for tomorrow mate, hope you have a good day. If you are around before heading home it'd be good to catch up...

All my best

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

10. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help and time, Jim: I promise to (attempt to) minimise the ribbing in future! I’ll let you know how I get on with your man Tony tomorrow.

... and, with a bit of luck, still get to the zoo!

thanks again - Chris. T.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe

12. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your help and time, Jim: I promise to (attempt to) minimise the ribbing in future! I’ll let you know how I get on with your man Tony tomorrow.

... and, with a bit of luck, still get to the zoo!

thanks again - Chris. T.
    Glad to help..
    Jim

14. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14546061626364