Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved your court story Jim. It's true they do make you feel like a real dirty criminal.
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB (Work horse)
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Project car)

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

www.autosanity.com

2. Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Loved your court story Jim. It's true they do make you feel like a real dirty criminal.
    They really do Chris, they really do.

I remember another occasion having been stopped and issued an on the spot 3 points / fine by an officer ( correctly doing his job, which was fine, although I was obviously not happy at being caught )
    All that was fine, right up to that point, he then handed me the paperwork, but, held onto it as I tried to take it at which point we looked at each other. Well, then the finger pointing / waving started along with a lecture which went for all of about 5 seconds.....

I pulled the document from his grasp and said I'll take the points / fine but forget about the lecture and got out his car......don't think so!!

I had a call from Danny yesterday evening, he bought a lovely XJ not long after me, a 2013 plate iirc in white. He's been having some TV connectivity issues and so is coming through to check on how mine is compared to his, reception wise in the same area.....makes sense I suppose.

Mine is fine, no real issues, anyone else any similar probs to share?
    I do remember seeing someone say recently they had issues with DAB radio usually more prevalent when the rear screen is on...…

We'll see Saturday I suppose

Tomorrow being the 16th, my grandmothers birthday, gone 23 years now. I'll be visiting her resting place with my aunt and paying our respects to a very determined, strong willed, independent woman missed by all who knew her.
    Later in the evening I'll have the absolute joy of starting on the dining room / living room as the kitchen is 99% finished....home stretch, end in sight

Cheers all
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283