Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences Jim,I hope the day goes smoothly.
    2010 Jaguar XF 3.0 D

2. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the kind words, really appreciated

He was diagnosed around 2 years ago, not long after Tress had lost her mother, she's been diligently organising appointments and chauffeuring him to various hospital appointments and Doctors appointments ever since.
    Cancer of the esophagus and ensuing treatment isn't great and a hulking man ended up like a holocaust survivor, terrible to watch

It seems we've lost a few these past 3 years and a break would be nice.
    I was saying to Tress in one of her lighter moments the other day, that's it, we're the auld yins now!

The ones at the top of the tree along with various living elder aunts / uncles etc, how and when did we get this old lol
    Maybe a few of you can relate?

The 2 Jags will do their bit on the day and carry various extended family members in style
    Onwards n upwards

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

4. Likes C16RKC, Jimbov8, Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear sad news Jim, best wishes to you, Tress and family.
    XJ X351 5.0 V8 Portfolio, Black 2011 17k
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=111207
    Range Rover Vogue, 4.2 V8 Supercharged, Grey '08 80k
    http://bit.ly/2kB60lW

Previously

XJ X358 2.7Tdvi Sovereign, Vapour Grey '08 70k
    http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=98612
    X Type Sport, 3.0 V6, Racing Green '03 plate 80k.
    http://www.jaguarforum.co.uk/f69/my-3-0-x-48345.html

6. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear, my best wishes to Tress & Family.
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

8. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Colin / Alec, appreciate the sentiment

Best
    Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear your news, Jim. These things often seem to come all at once - we lost Mrs Teacake's father, my father, and my step-father in the space of just over a year. That was rough.

Be sure to make some time just for you and Tress in the coming weeks.

David
    2011 X351 Supersport, black with black and more black

Previous cars: 2008 Honda Accord CDTi EX Tourer, 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT, 1997 Audi S8, 1999 Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy turbo, 1992 Subaru Legacy GL, 1960 Austin Mini, 1976 Jensen GT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6,

11. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    On starting the car this morning I was surprised to see "Smart key - low battery" warning message, but then I guess 3 years and with all the smart key functions etc, it's probably about due for replacement.
    Change the battery then!!! They are about a pound for 10. ****** lazy Scots

Mine is on its 3rd in the near 2 years I've owned it.

Sorry about your bad news
    2010 XJ Portfolio running on lorry fuel. I know, Jag Diesel is just wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTeacake View Post
    Sorry to hear your news, Jim. These things often seem to come all at once - we lost Mrs Teacake's father, my father, and my step-father in the space of just over a year. That was rough.
    Be sure to make some time just for you and Tress in the coming weeks.

David
    Thanks David, its about as good as can be expected all things considered and moving forward fairly smoothly. The funeral's on Thursday and will no doubt be a gathering of sorts with much alcohol consumed.

Friday the car is in the garage for some remedial work as posted and then the start of sorting out the estate which will be quite involved. Around a week or so later just as tempers probably start to flare and arguments ensue I'll be taking Mrs C off to a 5 star hotel, dinner bed and breakfast along with spa sessions.

This involves basically chilling out as much as possible, being extremely lazy whilst being waited on hand and foot, having a massage whilst consuming large amounts of alcohol until body, mind and spirit are about as relaxed as can be lol.

Funnily enough just after her mum died a few years ago we did the same, a visit to Bryn Mawr one night, followed by Crewe Hall the next night, spa sessions, alcohol and family fun and laughter helped just a little bit

Jim

14. Likes WanderingTeacake liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBoy View Post
    Change the battery then!!! They are about a pound for 10. ****** lazy Scots

Mine is on its 3rd in the near 2 years I've owned it.

Sorry about your bad news
    Lol no, I'll let the garage do that whilst it's in anyway
    I do have a strip of those batteries somewhere though, takes 2 mins to change for almost no cost

Thanks
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear your news Jim , hopefully this year will get better for you and her indoors going forward !

These things do all seem to come at once , it's easy to see the world against us too. In reality though , we're still in good shape compared to many others.

I've had and still have a few health issues to contend with , parted company with Mrs.H , moved house now and hoping 2019 is an improvement !
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k+ and going strong.
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog lamps / DRL running with HID colour match of dipped beam.

17. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495 LastLast