Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495

Thread: My XJ X351 ownership thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
    Sorry to hear your news Jim , hopefully this year will get better for you and her indoors going forward !

These things do all seem to come at once , it's easy to see the world against us too. In reality though , we're still in good shape compared to many others.
    I've had and still have a few health issues to contend with , parted company with Mrs.H , moved house now and hoping 2019 is an improvement !
    Thanks Eddie, it's all good, onwards n upwards n all that.

Sorry to hear of your issues too mate, but knowing you, always a smile and the craic still to be had. Sounds like a fresh start for a New Year Eddie, hope 2019 is good for you too going forward.
    Remember and give me a nudge if you're ever up this way and fancy catching up

All my best
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    At the grand old age of 49 , getting to 50+ is top of the list which will involve some major lifestyle changes.

I've had all my warnings now , thankfully without a stroke or heart attack , a few vital organs are in bad shape though.

Just had a tumour removed from my skull / forehead as well , waiting on the results to come back now .......

I don't venture up your way often , If you are ever in my M1 / M6 / M40 corridor , give me a call and we'll meet up for sure.

BR, Eddie
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k+ and going strong.
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog lamps / DRL running with HID colour match of dipped beam.

3. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes JimC64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences Jim, hope all goes smoothly on the day.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

5. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for not ringing for our weekly chat yesterday brother, now having caught up with this thread, doubly so.

Sincere condolences at this sad time, one I know you and Tress will be finding difficult, but as always, will pull through.

All my families elders have now passed on which means it's my generation next I find it strange that as I get older, I think less of it.

It's our given right to lead our lives as we choose and yes some of the things we choose to do are bad for our health and a long life.

Others choose to eat healthily, not smoke, drink in moderation, etc, etc and although their choice, still end up short of a long life.

50 was my 1st goal, my 2nd is but 12 months away and in those years, the memories I've made are priceless, some sad or stupid, but most happy and amazing.

Whatever lifestyle we lead, the memories we make we take to the end and I'm damned sure that Tress's dad will have made many.

The Scots do not do anything by halves and I count myself honoured to have made some of my memories, with them and amongst them.

Rich
    Silentum Sicarius

2006MY Super V8 LWB in Midnight Black with Ivory
    All options except Sunroof. Lambswool Overmats are MIA
    Longlife Exhaust - Waft 'N' Loud
    Nextbase Dashcam's Forward & Aft

My Showroom Thread

2008MY LR Discovery 3 HSE V6 2.7TD
    Buckingham Blue with Alpacca

You're a long time dead, Enjoy life whilst you have it!

7. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ian / Rich, much appreciated.

Words of wisdom as always Yoda, he'll have a good send off on Thursday in a Jag and flanked by Jags although he was not a Jaguar enthusiast, he could always appreciate their class.

We're getting the impression that it'll be very well attended (an old Navy guy having done a few years back in the day)……

There may be a few tears shed, but more than a few laughs, stories will be told and drinks consumed

Off out to get my new suit and spend the day with Mrs C, this will no doubt involve shopping of sorts, lunch and a run in the Jag, but which one? That's a phrase I never thought I'd hear myself say lol

Have a great weekend one and all

Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; 15-01-19 at 08:53.
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495