Thread: XE Reliability?

Post Thanks / Like

XE Reliability?

I'm soon to sign on the dotted line for an XE R-Sport 250, I know researching reliability for a new car is rarely a good idea (as many don't pop in to say yeah I've done 200K miles without an issue) but I've yet to find somebody (even from owner reviews) that hasn't had an issue.

After three BMW's I've never even had a rattle, even though I've read about issues. Anyway I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of positive feedback to quell some cold feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

I have the exact same car you've just signed for and I haven't had much issue at all. The wipers bounced slightly for the first few uses but settled after that, the incontrol touch pro all now works as it should with the latest update and most of the original faults have been fixed or ironed out now as it's coming to 3 years old. The ingenium petrol has been in use for a year.

The ingenium petrol engine is great, I've had mine 6 months already and for near 3,500 miles, I'm averaging 37mpg per tank and hitting 42mpg on a run which I think for a 2.0T petrol is pretty good.

Some people have issues with the incontrol remote but it does work 95% of the time for me and is a nice extra to use on a winter morning.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

3. Likes Firaxis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

I have the exact same car you've just signed for and I haven't had much issue at all. The wipers bounced slightly for the first few uses but settled after that, the incontrol touch pro all now works as it should with the latest update and most of the original faults have been fixed or ironed out now as it's coming to 3 years old. The ingenium petrol has been in use for a year.

The ingenium petrol engine is great, I've had mine 6 months already and for near 3,500 miles, I'm averaging 37mpg per tank and hitting 42mpg on a run which I think for a 2.0T petrol is pretty good.

Some people have issues with the incontrol remote but it does work 95% of the time for me and is a nice extra to use on a winter morning.
    Thanks Ian, appreciate the feedback.. Luckily things like ICE and extra tech isn't a primary concern, I only use nav and hands free.. As long as doesn't self implode I should be good .

I'm glad you confirmed the MPG, one of the dealers said it did 19MPG. I said I doubt that unless Jag have pulled an engine design out of the early 90's.. My current 3.0 I6 340HP gets about 35(ish) so I might get a bit extra out of it when it's on a business run.

Post Thanks / Like
    19MPG? That is ridiculous, I don’t even get that low with town driving.

Its surprisingly quick off the line, for a test of that try it in dynamic with sport mode on and into manual mode with the paddles down to 1st and floor it. The quoted time of 6 flat to 60 is definitely believable.

What spec did you go for?
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    19MPG? That is ridiculous, I don’t even get that low with town driving.

Its surprisingly quick off the line, for a test of that try it in dynamic with sport mode on and into manual mode with the paddles down to 1st and floor it. The quoted time of 6 flat to 60 is definitely believable.

What spec did you go for?
    Sounds awesome, looking forward to giving it a good drive.. There's two available (in stock) with some rather hefty discounts, one's a white R-Sport w/ parking pack and the others a blue Prestige with parking pack and Meridian.

The R-sport is the one tempting me the most. It seems Jaguars doing a massive push at the moment or so the dealers keep telling me, it's a good time to buy.!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd go for the R-Sport as well, more items come standard with that model. It has firmer suspension over standard, but I prefer that myself.

You won't be disappointed, take it for a good test drive though to make sure you're happy.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe