Thread: Vauxhall to close a third of their dealerships

Post Thanks / Like

Vauxhall to close a third of their dealerships

Vauxhall to announce a third of all dealerships to close. PSA have stated this is necessary to restore profitability. That’s over 4000 jobs cut since they’ve taken over the brand.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhal...s-set-to-close
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Every business ought to be profitable so what is the problem. This sounds like a very sensible business decision by PSA.
    2 rejected F Paces for a 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertible Frost Blue & Ivory for wonderful summer use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I imagine you would think it would be a problem if you lost your job due to dealership closure.
    Vauxhalls are my least favourite brand of car, but feel very sorry for the staff.
    Super V8, X358 Facelift + Portfolio Vents + Wald Spoiler, Black Cherry with Ivory/Charcoal leather + Black SuedeCloth Headliner, Rear Entertainment, Picnic Trays and Split Rear Reclining Seats. 200 Cell Cats, 2.5 SS Custom X-Pipe Exhaust, JagDroid Headunit, Arden Sportlines with 295 rear
    BMW 650i LCI Facelift, Convertible, Black Saphire with Cream/Black interior
    Ex. XJ X350 3.0 Silver/Dove

4. Likes Ian D, Chris.t liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alec , you are right.
    This take over was very bad for the UK .

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit like the new passport fiasco ?
    2008 X Type 2.2 Manual Diesel in Grey

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you remember what they did to Talbot (admittedly Talbot cars were awful). I notice that on the Vauxhall website the Zafira has been disappeared and their seven seater is a rebadged peugeot. It won't be long before Ellesmere Port and Luton are closed if they are true to type. They have already admitted the next Astra will be a rebadged Peugeot, presumably three oh something.This is what the French do, look after their own and ignore any rules of the EU they don't like. After Brexit, Vauxhall as a brand will disappear. (Having said this I have never owned a vauxhall or found one in any way desirable, except perhaps the 3 litre Senator when it had a straight six, but they were probably awful too).
    Previous 1: Silver 2.5 Auto SE grey leather interior
    Previous 2: Topaz (Pale Gold) 3.0 Auto SE with cream leather
    Current: Gunmetal 2.5 Auto SE with black leather interior 17in wheels heated seats private plate (tasty!)
    Motorcycle: Aprilia RST 1000 V twin sports tourer

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason why they’ve done it is they’ve effectively bought out their competitors. They’ll just be rebadged PSA vehicles from now on.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

9. Likes Thomas Hayward liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Vauxhall disappear entirely, or be sold off, once they have stripped the assets they want. Much like BMW did with Rover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    The reason why they’ve done it is they’ve effectively bought out their competitors. They’ll just be rebadged PSA vehicles from now on.
    2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Blue
    2006 Jaguar XK (Aluminium) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Vauxhall disappear entirely, or be sold off, once they have stripped the assets they want. Much like BMW did with Rover.
    Maybe, but Vauxhall sells close to 200,000 cars in the UK through 326 dealers. VW sold about the same with only 200 dealers. It seems Vauxhall's network is bigger than required for the volume of business it brings in. Some owners will have to travel further though to get to an alternative dealership.

It is hard to know how they will sort model ranges between the original PSA companies and Opel/Vauxhall. Time will tell who designs what and who builds them.
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peugeot are only doing what other manufacturers have done. Renault with Dacia and VW with seat and skoda.

At the time of purchase the PSA boss said he bought it to give a manufacturing base in the UK post brexit. Lets see if that holds true.
    XF MY15.5 3.0d S Portfolio Stratus Grey with Ivory interior.