Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JLR to cut 1000 jobs and relocate staff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by t0m4ever View Post
    The 3 series and 5 series are much better sellers for BMW than their SUVs are.
    Sales of 3 series has dropped almost 80k just in Europe over last 3 years and worse figures still for 5 series.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all.
    Ian as i originally said regarding hybrid/ electric BMW has a great selection off vehicles in this form off cars
    https://www.bmw.co.uk/model-types/plug-in-hybrid/range.
    Jaguar has very little to offer compared to BMW so they are in my books better equipped for the next generation off cars for what the public wants.
    Jaguar in my view is to little to late again not read in time iam sorry to say.
    65mike
    Lexus is250 se-L 2009.
    Former Jaguar 2007 XK 4.2 Silver 20inch Senta wheels 2008 spec car.
    Former Jaguar 2005 x-type 3.0 with Arden exhaust.
    Ah the joys of Lexus motoring !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Sales of 3 series has dropped almost 80k just in Europe over last 3 years and worse figures still for 5 series.
    So BMW has lost 80.000 3 Series sales that's more than Jaguars total European sales for 2017
    S TYPE R 2003
    BMW M3 EVOLUTION 1998
    You can not beat me in a argument
    I am too stupid to know when I am beaten

Post Thanks / Like
    Correct Payno, just over 200k sales in 2014 for the 3 series, 120k in 2017.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 65mike View Post
    Hi all.
    Ian as i originally said regarding hybrid/ electric BMW has a great selection off vehicles in this form off cars
    Jaguar has very little to offer compared to BMW so they are in my books better equipped for the next generation off cars for what the public wants.
    65mike
    The saving grace is that the ingenium engine plant can switch between petrol and diesel on the same production line. Land Rover already sell the P400e in the Range Rover and RR Sport, so the tech is there.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    5 Series was up 30k between 2016 and 2017. The only BMW SUV to incease sales in 2017 was the X1.
    2005 Jaguar S-Type R in Ebony Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all.
    65mike
    The public wants? I think you will find hybrids are what the government thinks it wants. They are pushing them. Its hybrids that look unfairly good because of the efficiency tests. Do a proper test and lets see the real results. Drive a diesel and a hybrid alongside each other for say 100 miles, and see which uses the least fuel.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    The diesel problem was really started by Blair
    What diesel problem?
    New diesels are as clean as any other car out there (yes, that includes pure electrics if you think about the batteries)

Its about time the government stopped interferring in things it doesnt know about.
    Just make car tax equal for all cars, and stop individual cities unfairly penalising diesels. At the same time show people the real fuel useage of hybrids. Then let us choose the car that is best for us. I can guarentee diesels would not have dropped off the edge of the cliff, and Jaguar wouldnt have lost quite as many sales.
    High mileage drivers want diesels. Lower mileage will probably take petrol (I'm in that category but choose diesel as it sounds better). Those that dont do much more than potter around town will probably choose hybrids or petrols.
    Southern bound from Glasgow town, She's shining in the sun; My Scotstoun Lassie on a border run
    We're whistling down the hillsides, And tearing up the climbs; I'm just a thiever stealing time, In the Border Reiver

Threehundred thousand on the clock, And plenty more to go; Crash box and lever, She needs the heel and toe
    She's not too cold in winter, But she cooks me in the heat; I'm a six foot driver, But you can't adjust the seat,

In the Border Reiver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by junglejames View Post
    (I'm in that category but choose diesel as it sounds better.
    .??
    what!
    are you a tractor driver?
    you are the first person I know who picks a diesel because of the sound!
    2002 Black S type R 4.2 V8 Supercharged

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwpw View Post
    .??
    what!
    are you a tractor driver?
    you are the first person I know who picks a diesel because of the sound!
    Well, I've seen others get wet over the sound of car exhausts and petrol engines, so is there any difference in me preferring the sound of a diesel? Not sure what driving a tractor would have to do with it. Or do you find tractors the best sounding diesels?

My yearly mileage is on the border between what is best- Petrol or diesel. My last car I went diesel just because I wanted one. This car stayed diesel, as I much prefer the noise they make. It actually sounds like an engine. But hey. Each to their own. At least I don't get wet over it.

In the Border Reiver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast