Jaguar Forum banner

Sunday Lunch August 12th 2018 - The Harp Inn @ Old Radnor, Wales (just)

20K views 196 replies 14 participants last post by  MarkFY 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I've arranged for a spot of lunch at a well reviewed Inn just across the border from England.

Sunday August 12th 2018

The Harp Inn
Old Radnor
Presteigne
Powys
LD8 2RH

Chris at site has confirmed the date is available and we'll be able to partake of a full Sunday Roast from 1200.

Having discussed logistics, places are limited to 15 cars and 20 people.

This will allow all cars to be able to park alongside each other, all of us to sit and eat in one area whilst still allowing room for his regulars and passers by.

The choice of this location is a similar distance from S Yorks, W Yorks and Herts areas.

Here's a link to the Inn

Please reply to the thread if you'd like to come and I'll add your names to the list. If at any point you can no longer attend please let me know so someone else can take your place.

Cheers,

Rich

1. Ashanti (Rich), X350 LWB Super V8 +1
  2. PhilDean (Phil), X350 2.7 Tdvi +2 and a Hound
  3. JimboV8, (Jim), XK 5.0L Portfolio
  4. Alec Escolme (Alec), X358 Super V8
  5. MarkFY (Mark), X-Type 2.5 Sport
  6. Ian D (Ian), XE 25t R-Sport
  7. Lewysdanny (Tim), XKRS +1

25/08/18 - Final Update

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Rich, following on from your phone call, I can confirm my attendance :)

#3 ·
Nice one Alec :-D

#4 ·
Hi Rich.

Got your voicemail mate.....
Cheers for doing the donkey work arranging this shindig.
I shall definitely be there along with my guv'nor Vicki.

Phil.

#5 · (Edited)
Yep, please put me down (on the list) Rich :)

X-Type 2.5 Sport + Me!

#10 ·
You're on the list Mark, bring some Pink Rock, I'm good for it :-D

#7 ·
I'm feelin' the love Jimbo, you ratbag! :mrgreen:.

Ignoring that cheap jibe, I hope I'll only have the Hornet after this weekend......

Christine is proceeding nicely toward a decent bid although I'll be pig sick to let her go.

Shame in a way - one last trip through the Cotswolds would be kinda nice for us, but hey-ho!

Phil.

#11 ·
No worries Simon, shame, but it is a long haul for you.

Us Northerners allus seem to do something, just thought I'd set up somat a bit further south to see what response I got from those who reside there.

Still, a green car will be on the pics, Phil and his Horn are coming :-D

Won't let me edit, I meant to say Hornet ;-)

#13 ·
P:S i ain't joking about the glasses...

I'm blind close up ;)

I think i'm ageing prematurely.. :mrgreen:

I may arrive at this meet in a silver Mini so don't be alarmed if a funny looking Hawaiian shirt wearing short arse arrives proclaiming loudly his name is Henry ;)

That'll be me :) :mrgreen:

#14 ·
Hi Rich, the Inn is showing as

The Harp Inn
Old Radnor
Presteigne
Powys
LD8 2RH

NOT LD55 3RH?
Worth checking....

It's only a 6 hour drive for me ( lol ) just to get there, having checked, so probably a 17 hour day....

I'd love to make it, catch up with you, see Jimbo again having met him at Crieff all being well and catching up with Phil, Alec of course, meeting Mark and any other "weel kent" faces who may show up, sounds good.

Still going through house renovations, meet in late May, trying to sort out Crieff meet and various other life scenarios mean it's a definite possible maybe for me. If I can though, I'm up for it if you want to put me down as a provisional mate.

If the list gets well received and fills up, I can always let you know for definite nearer the time.

1. Ashanti (Rich), X350 Super V8 +1
  2. PhilDean (Phil), X350 2.7 Tdvi +1
  6. JimC64 (Jim) XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 2016

7. Cheers
    Jim

#16 ·
Hi Rich, the Inn is showing as

The Harp Inn
Old Radnor
Presteigne
Powys
LD8 2RH

NOT LD55 3RH?
Worth checking....
Yeah, I noticed that when I went to Google Maps to see how far it would be for me... just a mere 312 mile round trip and a 6 hour and 45 min drive. Sounds like fun.

#17 ·
It will be Mark and even better if the sun is out on the day.8) Hope we can get a few more names also.:mrgreen:

#18 · (Edited)
Sunday Lunch better be good as I'm not sure about the attendees :-D

For the avoidance of doubt... I am joking.

#20 ·
Pfft it's round the corner for me ;)

Better not disclose my location :mrgreen:
Dont worry Henry it's on the agenda to "find da yoof", so we'll find ya.:mrgreen:

#22 ·
I've tidied up the thread as requested and I've also checked where this is, 3hrs isn't bad and its a decent time too, as long as the food is good count me in!

1. Ashanti (Rich), X350 Super V8 +1
  2. PhilDean (Phil), X350 2.7 Tdvi +1
  6. JimC64 (Jim) XJ X351 3.0D Portfolio LWB 2016
  7. Ian D (Ian) XE 25t R-Sport 250Ps 18MY

#24 ·
Thank you Ian,

Great bonus to see you'll be coming.

Rich

#25 ·
I’ll make sure to make it and meet up with you all, I’m on leave over that period which is a bonus. Should be some good roads on the way too.

#26 ·
I'll make sure to make it and meet up with you all, I'm on leave over that period which is a bonus. Should be some good roads on the way too.
Yep, once I get off the motorway around Chester, the drive down through Wales should be fun.

#29 ·
Would have liked to join you guys, especially as I went to school in the neighbouring towns of Knighton and Clun and would have been good to visit, but alas I’m working that weekend. Maybe next time!

Ben

#30 ·
3 months plus to request a days A/L ;)

No worries Ben and thanks for reading and responding to the thread,

Rich

#31 ·
A reminder post :-D

Thanks to a soon to be ex work colleague, it seems our lunch venue is only 5 miles from the highest Golf Club in England.

Kington Golf Club

He was there once sorting out their drinks dispense and marvelled at the views.

Might be worth a trip up to there on the way home, it is on the road out of Wales.

Rich

#33 ·
My you are on form today Phil :-D

Keep the heat on Eddie, want to see his attendance confirmation post on here at some point.

Good luck in the new job tomorrow.

#35 ·
Crieff was a great day out lads, see here...https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=105891

I may, stress may have another 4 or 5 to add to the list!

I mentioned to Rob Coop and he said he was up for it potentially, closely followed by Scottishblue, Tupps44, John9285 and Zippo. I'll shoot them a pm with the details if they're up for it and see if they add.
If so we'd be looking to leave dark o clock to get there for 12pm and lunch for a few hours before heading home, but is doable......

Jim

#38 ·
May have another to add to the meet, just invited Seg and Ann ( Fidelthecat ) and they're up for it I think :mrgreen:

Jim

#36 ·
I'll be off grid for 4 days from today, family trip to the coast, what fun.

Might only be able to browse on 4G, if i'm lucky.

Nice one Jim.

G
#39 ·
Must say that's impressive dedication pulling such a trip in just one day...

I take back my previous comments about you needing a bit of Iron Brew to toughen you up Jim!

...but you might need it to stay awake that day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.