Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aircon not working properly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Try a hard reset first by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know this car well.enough to answer, Thunderace.

But a quick phone call to the service manager or indie will clarify, they are usually long experienced Jaguar mechanics themselves, or will confirm and get back to you, no obligation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_S-V6_2004 View Post
    Thunderace I think you can't reset the airbag fault without SDD/IDS or a diag tool once it's triggered. It's because it can be a fatal problem so it's designed that way so car cutters can't hide crash faults easily I was told. (Of course they can!)
    The icarsoft i930 claims to be able to diagnose AND reset various modules including SRS/Airbags.

http://diagnostic-world.com/pages/ja...nt_item_104046

Sure someone out there can confirm if it actually will.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 77K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android upgrade, parking sensors and front/rear cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like I'll have to get an icarsoft. Clearing the airbag light and diagnosing the aircon problem will cover much of the cost and I'll be able to use it on my wife's s-type as well.
    2005 S-Type 2.7D
    1998 Yamaha Thunderace

Post Thanks / Like
    Ukpartsdirect seem to indicate that the i930 is now obsolete and has been replaced by the icarsoft LR v1.0
    Does anyone have any experience of this tool? It seems to cover EPB, steering angle sensor and other things that I can't remember and it infers are not covered by the i930.
    I'm not sure what to do now. There's less than £10 difference in price but the i930 is still available from diagnostic world.
    2005 S-Type 2.7D
    1998 Yamaha Thunderace

Post Thanks / Like
    Correction to previous post. It seems that the latest model is icarsoft LR v2.0 at £149. Confused even more now. It probably does things for newer Jaguars and that don't exist on the S-type.
    2005 S-Type 2.7D
    1998 Yamaha Thunderace

Post Thanks / Like
    iCarsoft have made it very confusing with their naming strategy, there's been a few discussions in other threads here in the S type forum & over in X type land. I have been trying to pin down exactly what is what & talking to the two main outlets, UK Diagnostics & UK Parts Direct, & iCarsoft, this is what I have come up with.

The i930 has been replaced by the LR V1.0, which does a bit more on LR/RR's, but for our Jags, the only extra it offers is to be able to print test results.

The LR II, which is more LR/RR dedicated, doesn't work for much other than basic OBD diagnostics on our Jag's but has now been replaced by the LR V2.0, which is apparently now fully compatible with our Jag's but appears not to do any more than the LR V1.0.

Unless, of course, anyone knows better

Another option is the Foxwell NT510 Jaguar, which does basically the same as the iCarsoft products, but has the advantage of being able to add up to 5 other vehicle makes to it's software

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

8. Thanks Rondu thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you can get the icarsoft i930 for around 95 pounds buy it, as it will help you a lot with the car. It does not matter if you can print or not as you are not a business and you don't need the proof for your customers.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderace7 View Post
    Correction to previous post. It seems that the latest model is icarsoft LR v2.0 at £149. Confused even more now. It probably does things for newer Jaguars and that don't exist on the S-type.
    Yep, the LR V2.0 is the latest, it's more capable with Land Rovers and diesels than the earlier models, but offers all the same features for Jags. It's the model I have.

Being able to print can be of use sometimes.
    X-Type 2.5 V6 Sport AWD Auto 2002MY 77K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats. My 1st Jag Feb 2017

Retrofits: Climate Control (from manual ac), nav/touch screen, LED interior, facelift multi-function steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, 'JagDroid' Android upgrade, parking sensors and front/rear cameras.

Post Thanks / Like
    So reading between the lines, the i930 can't print but the later ones can print but do not add more diagnostics over the i930, right?

This implies that the others print on paper.

Or do they print wirelessly?

Or how?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast