Thread: ‘Low Battery’

Post Thanks / Like

‘Low Battery’

Got in my XF yesterday, Friday, to be given a low battery message. The car started fine and the message didn’t reappear.

I hadn't used the car since Monday after a 110 mile drive back home but surprised to see this message after just 4 days. It has stood for longer periods in the past.

December 17 2.5T, 4000 miles.

Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s important to set lock and alarm when leaving for a few days. There’s all sorts of electrical Gubbins drawing current even when car is switched off. I left my XF for nearly six weeks in February/ March but made sure the audio was off together with the auto lights and wipers just to be safe!
    It started first push of the button.
    PETER DAVIES, 2016 XF 2.0 diesel Portfolio. 1967 Mark2 (240.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, just commented on another similar thread, I did notice that just about every XF I looked at, including the one I eventually bought, was showing a low battery warning. This seems to be down to dealers leaving them unlocked when on show, so the cars are permanently on standby, which as Peter says, with the (many) electronic ancillaries primed, rather than shutting down fully (when fully locked) will drain the battery. After giving mine a run and since locking fully whenever leaving it, no further warning.

4. Likes Ian D liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m aware of that and it’s never been left unlocked. It was definitely locked during last week after which the warning showed.

Post Thanks / Like
    So it is obviously a problem. Even new batteries have been known to die young....
    PETER DAVIES, 2016 XF 2.0 diesel Portfolio. 1967 Mark2 (240.)