Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends how happy you are with the experience, you are within your rights to reject the car. Threatening that might get them to work a bit quicker.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is I didn't buy the car from the main dealer where it is now. They have phoned today to say they will replace the knock sensor tomorrow and if all goes well I can collect the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    See how it goes, if it works fine, but if not back to the supplying dealer.
    3.0D 2012 (62) XF-S Premium Luxury IRR
    Previous: 3.0D 2009 (59) XF Luxury, 2002 (52) S Type 3.0 S

Post Thanks / Like
    Jag is back after 2 weeks, Range Rover loan car has gone, they are sure the fault is fixed, let's hope so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pleased with the car so far, is there a way of programming the mirrors to automatically fold?

6. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nevillepalmer View Post
    Very pleased with the car so far, is there a way of programming the mirrors to automatically fold?
    Ask IanD, he will be able to shed some light on it for you.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nevillepalmer View Post
    Hi. I think you will find your car, like mine, does not have the auto-fold option fitted. It's strange but Jaguar decided this was not an important standard feature - strange. Cars fitted with auto-fold have a line joining the two mirror buttons on the door unit according to a post on another forum. As you have probably found you can manually fold the mirrors.
    2.2D DPF SE Auto '59 plate

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s a £295 option on the XE, they also come with auto dimming to match the rear view mirror. Worth while option, to even think about fitting them, you’ll have to change the mirrors over and check to see if the wiring is there. On other Jags, control modules in the doors vary depending on if you have them or not, these will also need changing. Then programming is required which Jag themselves won’t do.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are enjoying your XE at last. A friend of mine had a high end XE model as a hire car while his Audi was being repaired after an accident, I must say the car looked great in silver and drove really well but the interior kind of lets it down IMO , nothing very wrong with it , yet nothing special either and one of Jaguars core values was to provide a special interior experience. The current XJ is the only current Jaguar with a really good interior .Just my opinion of course, In no way does this spoil the car , as I have said it is a great drive and the exterior is way ahead of the competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am enjoying driving the XE and so is my wife! I think exterior and interior are great apart from rear visibility which is quite restricted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast