Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaguar dealer v Jaguar Independent

Post Thanks / Like
    Do my own work on all my vehicles. Tires mounted on my cars, are about all that anyone does for me. Take my time, read, buy what is needed to do the job myself, then jump in.

2. Likes rickwpw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with main dealers was so bad I’ve moved to Mercedes.
    Two years ago Parks’ Jaguar Ayr reported my rear brake pads worn 90% and front worn 80% The car done just around 32k. Six months later with an additional 8k miles I replaced both sets of pads myself as the pad warning light had come on.
    I measured the old pads with a vernier guage and calculated the wear against the new pads to find they were only worn 50%. As far as I know brake pads do not grow in size !

The following year Parks’ ripped me off £760 for new rear upper suspension arms which simply were not required at 43k miles. I eventually removed the new arms and refitted the originals and the car passed another MOT test at a test centre known for it strictness.

With this on top of the door corrosion problem I had on my XF I was left with no option, so I moved to Mercedes which so far I have not regretted.
    Mercedes CLS AMG design Shooting Brake.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, For what it's worth I have found an excellent indi. He is Jaguar trained to master tech level and now set up on his own. His prices are good, work is quick and honest and they provide a car if need be during repair. Just had my J-gate replaced, everything else requiring work diagnosed and pointed out together with pricing if required. His company is Leapers in Thame ( Oxon). He does all Jags, even the E-types. Really nice chap to deal with as well.
    2.2d S 2008MY saloon, Chilli Red. 70k on the clock- SUNROOF and all toys except touch scn.

Honda Jazz 1.4 Dsi CVT

SEAT LEON TDI

3L V6 XJ SE -2004 - Radiance Red. 54k on the clock. Sheer driving pleasure.

5. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just took my XF to local garage I supplied parts (rear pads, discs, wear sensor. Oil/oil filter air filter cabin filter diesel filter)

2.5 hours labour to do the job and charged me £115 happy with that
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...f/TINK06-1.jpg
    3.0d V6 275bhp XF-S Portfolio Polaris White 20" Draco black rims Tinted windows and a few interior LED's
    2.2d Premium Sport X Type Estate Liquid Silver Silver sparkle Proteus rims Tinted windows, retro fit powerfold mirrors & puddle lights. LED lit interior and Shark fin aerial .. purrrfect
    Joint owner of 64 plate SLK 250 CDI AMG Sportline 200bhp in polar white

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12