Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jaguar dealer v Jaguar Independent

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by getawayhs2 View Post
    " fully qualified Jaguar technician", "Offering a competitively priced mobile repair service in and around Surrey and Sussex" with his phone number and email address - not sure what more information you need. He is based in Wisborough Green according to Companies House - don't know about you but I check any business out thoroughly before using them.
    Obviously you are a much better person than I am. Being the shallow type, I like the vendor to do some of the work in order to get me interested. No home address, no data other than a mobile and an e-mail, making me go to Companies House or check VAT registration is too much work for an idlebones like myself. To be brutally honest I would rather have a personal recommendation from you and no web site to visit, rather than a website that shrieks "I can't be bothered". But as I say, I'm shallow and lazy.

I like a good indie, though.
    Chris. T.
    2000 XK8 4.0 Coupe
    2010 XJ SWB 3.0D Portfolio. With TVs. Lots of TVs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_doctor View Post
    Obviously you are a much better person than I am. Being the shallow type, I like the vendor to do some of the work in order to get me interested. No home address, no data other than a mobile and an e-mail, making me go to Companies House or check VAT registration is too much work for an idlebones like myself. To be brutally honest I would rather have a personal recommendation from you and no web site to visit, rather than a website that shrieks "I can't be bothered". But as I say, I'm shallow and lazy.

I like a good indie, though.
    Funny that, it didn't shriek "I can't be bothered" to me, and I'm the first to make snap judgements; to me it just looked like a very basic website of a small operation, that maybe don't rely on their web presence that much, if at all. Anyway, he seems very busy, so he must know what he's doing.
    Current
    X350 XJR, Chrysler Crossfire, Marlin Roadster
    Past Jags
    X300 XJ6 3.2
    X350 Sport Premium TDVI
    X300 XJR (manual 'box)
    X100 XK8 Coupé

3. Thanks mac_doctor thanked for this post
    Likes mac_doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys,
    When I purchased my Jaguar I post code searched on www.goodgaragescheme.com and found a local garage with a 99% customer feedback rating. I now use him for all my service and repairs including a recent gearbox oil change.

He is honest and trustworthy and his labour rate is just £45.00 plus vat per hour.

Supertrev.
    Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8 in Jaguar Racing Green which sparkles in the strong sunshine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123