Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys anybody able to use this on their XF?

Post Thanks / Like
    As i have mentioned before i supply these as is! They work, and i provide no technical advice or support. If VM's are a new aspect your unfamiliar then google is your friend.
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    Hi Guys anybody able to use this on their XF?
    Software is only up-to 2012. Any newer car i would be wary depending on what your doing!
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMindBuddah View Post
    Software is only up-to 2012. Any newer car i would be wary depending on what your doing!
    Cool mate thanks for confirming this.

5. Likes TheMindBuddah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The VM image is just a virtual image of a hard drive and it contents. So it is possible to have that transferred to a "Real" hard drive natively. Why you would want to do this i don't know? The cons would far out way the pluses you get running it in a VM.
    I second this. VM i phenomenally useful. I run SDD in vbox on a MacbookPro.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

7. Likes TheMindBuddah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like to say thanks for this, any good clone recommendations for the cable or is the original mongoose cable required (more for error codes than actual reprogramming etc). Anyway thank you and a donation to a worthwhile animal cause will be made, always nice to see someone who is willing to help others and have worthy causes benefit. I have a basic handheld scanner which is giving me a code but this will no doubt be useful for a more accurate diagnosis.

9. Thanks TheMindBuddah thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    any good clone recommendations.
    I just use one from Ali-Express and has been fine for me over the 3-4 years i have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I have a basic handheld scanner which is giving me a code but this will no doubt be useful for a more accurate diagnosis
    Its quite a handy tool to have, and can save you a few £££ doing a bit of DIY!
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 16-05-19 at 16:09.

11. Thanks thistle thanked for this post
    Likes mrmut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use one from Ali-Express and has been fine for me over the 3-4 years i have had it.

Its quite a handy tool to have, and can save you a few £££ doing a bit of DIY!
    Thanks for that I'll have a look on ali express and grab one there, not gonna be doing any major programming with it but handy to have, worst case you can at least go to a garage and let them you know have some idea what's happening so you don't get fleeced.

Post Thanks / Like
    any help appreciated here gents banging my head against the wall .... vin wont auto read just populates with ??????????, have to put it in manually, connects to car and has some functions but on trying to install a new instrument cluster it tries to auto read the vin again at the start of the programming sequence then bombs out with communications failure engine control module error, tried 3 cables and two different cars and this happens every time, same issue when trying to code injectors, get engine control module error, changed date to august 2012 as required, running on xp sp3. got a feeling its something simple that im missing as id be very unlucky to have two failed engine control modules when theres nothing wrong with the vehicles??
    2006 X Type 2.2D Sport (90% right, WIP)
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt Mirage (just been hit by a deer)

Fixing stupid since 2016

Post Thanks / Like
    ​Have re-added my youtube videos on second post

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011