Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmut View Post
    I think you wont be able to run Mongoose under Windows 10, 64 bit. If 32 bit, it might work tho. Let us know.

As for the SDD/IDS, images posted here are defective for IDS. v125 crashes constantly, and others don't start IDS. Also, USB is under 1.1 version, which is slow. I have developed new VM with v130 which works like a charm under Windows XP and VmWare virtualization platform.

Will prepare everything in a week or so.
    Not sure if this has been answered...

If using the VM builds of IDS/SDD on here then it cares not what the underlying Operating System is. It just needs to have Oracle VirtualBox installed in order to load and host the Virtual Machine image. Windows 10 64-bit would be a perfect candidate and is the OS installed on the laptop I use for IDS/SDD.

I use the 130 image with no problems.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    We are talking about Windows 10 x64 as the host system. SDD installs well, but I couldn't get drivers for mongoose to install OK.
    Jaguar S-Type R / year 2003
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    We are talking about Windows 10 x64 as the host system. SDD installs well, but I couldn't get drivers for mongoose to install OK.
    So installing IDS/SDD direct onto Windows 10 64-bit without using a VM? I wouldn't expect that to work or even be a good idea.

You can install IDS/SDD directly on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. XP is not a requirement.
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 80K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if Mongoose drovers work on Win 7?

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if Mongoose drovers work on Win 7?
    Yes, they do. On 32-bit Windows 7. I used to use IDS/SDD 130 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit until I switched to using the VM's instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually tried making Win 7 X64 and find driver for mogoose, but it didn't work. The OS is fantastic, much faster than XP (slow as a slug), but albeit, it didn't work.

Will try Windows 7 later; can anyone post links to DVD installer files for 138 to try and get that running?
    Jaguar S-Type R / year 2003
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason we use XP for the VM is because it was built for Windows XP, and as you have experienced browser based.(this is the reason it is slow, not the OS). You will not get the mongoose drivers to work (or SDD) under windows 10. The two systems are totally different at the core. You can install natively on windows 7 under XP compatibility mode. But as a VM your just increasing the workload on people's systems running two OS's on possibly older hardware. This is why XP is a better OS for a SDD VM.
    (There are trimed versions of Windows 7 that you could try to save space, but I'll leave that for you to try)

SDD 130 is known to have issues with IDS and that is the reason most garages kept IDS 125 when dealing with the older cars.

One of the reasons I don't keep up with this thread is the amount of the same questions I get asked from inexperienced PC users wanting me to rundown everything from installing to fault finding. I have never gained anything from this be it financially or Kudos so I do not want to spend my free time fixing other people's lack of PC experience.

Every case off issues from my SDD not working has been from the User. I really don't know how I could have made it any simpler? Everything is there from auto flashing of mongoose firmware (one off, if not the biggest issue i found with connection issues was because off new cables being loaded for SDD 145)

Both 130 and 138 work well for what they are. Free and garage level diagnostic software in an easy to use package that many people have been using for up to 2 years before I posted here including myself.

IDS 125 as stated was just made into a VM. Any crashing could well be inherited from the software, VM or natively it could well be the same.

Good luck with your own version and I'll be interested to see what you bring to the community. It will be good if I can finally retire my own versions and once again disappear into obscurity!

Like for example this being reproduced on a Chinese website with links to my YouTube? (Thank you "SJ" for making me aware!) http://blog.obd2shop.co.uk/how-to-in...-on-win7-8-10/
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 12-09-19 at 14:03.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314