Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Install)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhd View Post
    Thanks for replying jorj I have XX 2009, I have had add 157 working before but the one I have now will not install,if you leave a link to the sdd158 I would appreciate it,thanks again ,mickhd
    I'm compressing it now to upload it when it's done. I'm gonna upload it on google drive, i created a dedicated e mail to have free storage space.
    Sorry for not replying fast, I kinda forgot the thread.

update: it's done here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cRB...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by V8Steve View Post
    Jorj, VM IDS/SDD is useless on older jags, even on my early 2004, if your mongoose works & connects don't waste money on VCM, buy an old XP laptop, (luckily I had one) load V130 and it will read Vin then switch automatically to IDS, everything can then be programmed without crashing. Instructions etc here:-
    https://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=93783
    Oh thx for the advice mate, I appreciate it. I'm gonna try that and I'll let you know if it works. I already have a scrappy laptop on which I successfully used sdd v158 with w10, but i think that I'm gonna try this on another laptop.

With sdd v158 + mongoose pro on my 2000 lhd s type, I can read DTC (i can't with the vm) and I can also read dealer option. But I can't change the dealer option (except for language) it fails to communicate with the module.

About my retro fitting, I did install the switches with the proper horn push switch to have the wiring loom + the steering wheel's shell to let the room for switches. And it doesn't work, even the radio control doesn't work. The switches are illuminated when the headlights are on tho. So, I have to remap to add the options.
    Another interesting thing i noticed that my GEM (Generic Electronic Module) the one next to the pedals (LHD) is dated for the 15/12/2000 and my car is from 14/01/2000.
    Last edited by Jorj; 28-08-20 at 22:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help as well. After fighting old laptops and operating systems for a few days I discovered your post. Oracle VirtualBox, DUH!!! The VirtualBox running XP sees the cable and runs v130 and v138 like a charm. Now to figure out how to get the files down to diagnose a 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2. Any additional advice?

BTW - My first post to this forum. Newbie here with 2003 and 2004 Land Rover Discovery 2's

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Possibly emailed you with a reply.

Had a look at an old you-tube video i posted and the VM should auto read your VIN if there is a connection. Possibly the cable is not connecting because of firmware on the cable. Try manually flashing the firmware with the mongoose toolkit on the desktop.

Unfortunately do not have much experience with any other vehicle except my own (2004 X-Type Sport wagon) and the VM was solely created to flash my Voice Module to now recognize that i had retrofitted the Denso SatNav (Also a CCD that was installed previously but not added to voice).

Wish i could help more, but have had very little reason to use it in the years following its creation.
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps you are correct that my firmware needs a flash, it is a Chinese clone of the Mongoose. However, it seems also likely that it is a problem with requiring the proper SDD files to recognize my Land Rover Discovery 2's. What hardware were you plugging into the ODBII port? This would help me to eliminate that possibility. Of course I will keep trying as there is absolutely not support for Land Rovers where I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I have no desire to load the vehicle on a trailer and drag it hundreds of miles to Longmont Colorado, the nearest Land Rover dealership.

I thank you for your sharing of the SDD images. That has gotten me further than anything else.

JP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jp306972 View Post
    Perhaps you are correct that my firmware needs a flash, it is a Chinese clone of the Mongoose. However, it seems also likely that it is a problem with requiring the proper SDD files to recognize my Land Rover Discovery 2's. What hardware were you plugging into the ODBII port? This would help me to eliminate that possibility. Of course I will keep trying as there is absolutely not support for Land Rovers where I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I have no desire to load the vehicle on a trailer and drag it hundreds of miles to Longmont Colorado, the nearest Land Rover dealership.

I thank you for your sharing of the SDD images. That has gotten me further than anything else.

JP
    Hi JP

I use a clone as well! AliExpress!

When start up windows in Virtualbox and it has stopped being slow, loading everything. Connect your mongoose, then in the Virtualbox menu select the USB! That then allows the Virtualbox to access any resources on your Laptop/PC and makes it available to the VM. Wait for it to load drivers (Like i said its slow by the nature of the software). Mongoose toolbox then should automatically start and flash the correct firmware for your mongoose and the version of SDD your using. It was something i added as the nature of compatibility from differing clones can cause issues, thinking its the software and not the just having incorrect firmware. Am running from Memory here, so have linked to a site of how to activate the usb in Virtualbox.

Apologise if you already know but could help somebody looking through this thread at a later date.

https://www.tecmint.com/enable-usb-in-virtualbox/

How to use Jaguar SDD in a VM

Do not activate the wifi or any kind of online connection IN THE VM. Leave it offline. You can keep your laptop connected to google things out of the VM. Just don't connect the VM online!!

1. You should now have a window running XP. If you are using Version 130. A black window will appear. That is the auto script to set the date and time to 01/08/2012. Each time you start it, it will change the date to the correct one for it to work. Just click in the black box and press a key.

1. Any windows boxes that pop up to search for hardware. Just cancel them as it’s looking for drivers of hardware you don’t have. Ignore and cancel.

1. Plug your mongoose into the car and the other end into the laptop. Turn the ignition of your car to position 2.

1. Go to devices on the top of the Virtual box window, choose USB and select the mongoose. It should say Drews. Don't select any option that will bring you online in the image!

1. Now one of two things will happen. It will automatically detect the mongoose and update the firmware on the device or not. If not then you could already be compatible. You can double click on the windows icon for Mongoose JLR Configuration. You should see your mongoose in the white panel in the configuration menu. Select it and flash firmware. (It will send the right firmware to be compatible with the version of SDD you are using. If your using a different version of SDD. It will flash whatever one you need) to your mongoose

1. Now if you want to you can change the resolution of the virtual XP just like normal windows. I have set it at a low 800x600 so it is compatible on everyone’s screen resolution. So right click on the window and adjust to your own laptops specifications. If you press RIGHT CONTROL BUTTON and C for scaled mode or RIGHT CONTROL BUTTON and F for full screen mode.

1. Now double click on JLR SDD. It should now load up Internet explorer (yes it is browser based and the worst browser ever created). If it fails to load. Close the browser and the little window with stop application Click stop application. Just double click again Jaguar SDD, and it will load. If you are confronted with a password screen (only with Version 130), which sometimes happens? There is a password.txt on the VM images desktop for v130. USER ID - JLR9A8172 and Password - L538X760, then press identify

1. You should be now confronted with the vehicle identification number (VIN) screen. If not then your mongoose is not communicating to the car. Check Below!

Is it plugged into the car and laptop?
    Is the car ignition in position 2?
    Did the mongoose configuration tool flash the firmware?
    Did you activate USB in the Virtual box?
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    At some point i'll tidy up the first post and make it clearer for people who find or go looking for my SDD files! Just had a look and realised its a bit of a mess as is.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718