Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mrmut. As far as I understand my specific Jaguar XKR 2001 model, V130 had the least issues...I stand corrected as ignorance on my part is greatest at present. Where do I get the links to the SW?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimin View Post
    Apologies late in the day if this has been answered elsewhere. I am punch drunk from all the reading.
    I have read as much as possible about the SDD V130 and associated matters. Please assist me to navigate this mire unharmed. I have a 2001 X100 Jaguar XKR 4.0 litre Supercharged. My main need is to read, clear and reset DTC codes and also to be able to load new components to the Car Configuration system. I fixed a number of parts on tge car however I keep seeing "Incorrect Parts Fitted Codes" also I have had to pay a local shop every time I needed to clear DTC codes. I have seen a video where the gentleman runs the V130 software without a Virtual Machine by not having Internet Access i.e. a dedicated machine also he used a file ...SoftwareDownload.htm which bypassed all the authorisation requirements. I also need to understand the type of cable connection required. I am based in South Africa and would have to source a local cable because of the issues we have with imports etc. I would appreciate it if you can assist me firstly with a download of the V130, installation without VM as I will dedicate and old laptop. Kind regards Brian Minnaar Jeffreys Bay South Africa
    Forget old Laptops! One of the main reasons i created the VM image was to do away with having to use a old dedicated laptop with old unreliable batteries. The software is slow and you will waste spend time while your working on your car, and having something that the battery wont die at stupid moments is vital. The VM is completely self contained and you can make as many copies on your hard drive as you have space. So if one screws up, you don't have to spend six hours reinstalling SDD to get back to work. It is even set up to auto flash your cable!

As i have stated before unfortunately i really don't know how to use the software, but google is your friend and most things can be worked out with a little trial and error. Why a good battery and even better an extension cable is vital. Software is not fast and even for its date of 2012. Its was inefficient being based on a browser (the worst one, Internet Explorer!).

Cables are easy to obtain as they are all Chinese copies. Only price will be what separates them. I order mine from China (Ali-Express) and chances of a dud are slim as i mentioned my VM will auto flash the right firmware!
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

3. Likes mrmut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you will have the files somewhere upper in this thread.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    TheMindBuddah, much appreciated. If it is not too much hastle, please send me a link, also where do I get the full instructions and what does the cable constitute in terms of specs. I must try to source this cable from local suppliers. Our Postal Services are so incompetent that you either never receive the item or it takes at least 6 months even if traced etc. Please I am at my wits end. The cable I can find readily is from Delphi and links to the Delphi DS150E system, which is a standalone system. Or if I know the J protocol or other cable specification etc I can tell a local SA supplier what to find. Yes I accept that Mangoose and all other cables work....this is Africa....it does not work if it does not arrive at my door....
    Last edited by Brimin; Yesterday at 13:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    TheMindBuddah, much appreciated. If it is not too much hastle, please send me a link, also where do I get the full instructions and what does the cable constitute in terms of specs. I must try to source this cable from local suppliers. Our Postal Services are so incompetent that you either never receive the item or it takes at least 6 months even if traced etc. Please I am at my wits end. The cable I can find readily is from Delphi and links to the Delphi DS150E system, which is a standalone system. Or if I know the J protocol or other cable specification etc I can tell a local SA supplier what to find. Yes I accept that Mangoose and all other cables work....this is Africa....it does not work if it does not arrive at my door....
    Unfortunately i only have experience with the mongoose. This guy seems to be selling in Durban? https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/3965...OCK_R1050.html

Any good?
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it matter if that is a V145 or will your flash revert it for your VM V130?

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it matter if that is a V145 or will your flash revert it for your VM V130?
    No, Mongoose toolkit will flash it automatically when it detects the cable. I really did try to set this up as easy as possible to get up and running.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678