Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal)

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, some stuff you need to note:

1. set your COMPUTER date to what the files says, I think it is 1st setp or aug 2012 - that is because stupid virtual box is forcing computer time to VM, so whatever you do inside will reflect your PC time, that pissed me off
    2. you need to Devices, USB, and then select Drew controller - that will connect the Mongoose to VM
    3. than try to load everything

Good chance is that it won't work, because early cars use IDS, and not SDD. However, the machine should start IDS session for you when you enter (or when VIN is read).

One nice thing to note, when you start C:\Program Files\JLR\IDS\Runtime\SoftwareDownload.htm WHILE you are connected to car, it has the same effect like you enetered into engineering mode. On my car it doesn't show anything there, but I can access all sorts of stuff on the system.
    Jaguar X-Type 2.0d Executive / year 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmut View Post
    OK, some stuff you need to note:

1. set your COMPUTER date to what the files says, I think it is 1st setp or aug 2012 - that is because stupid virtual box is forcing computer time to VM, so whatever you do inside will reflect your PC time, that pissed me off
    2. you need to Devices, USB, and then select Drew controller - that will connect the Mongoose to VM
    3. than try to load everything
    Assuming that you're using Virtual Box to run the VM, then it's fairly simple to decouple the guest clock from the host using this instruction:

vboxmanage setextradata 'My Jag VM' “VBoxInternal/Devices/VMMDev/0/Config/GetHostTimeDisabled” “1”

in which you should replace the My Jag VM phrase with the name of your VM, and you must use inverted commas if your VM name includes any spaces.

There's more on the subject here: http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...t=75260&page=5

Post Thanks / Like
    The VM I downloaded from TheMindBuddha has a BAT file which sets the date to 2012. The system loads and recognises the Mongoose via Drew Driver. It shows as a Green active Icon on the top right together with battery status etc. It goes to the Read VIN screen. Here it does not read the VIN. When I enter the VIN it gives me an option to download the IDS but nothing actually happens beyond that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 10 View Post
    Assuming that you're using Virtual Box to run the VM, then it's fairly simple to decouple the guest clock from the host using this instruction:

vboxmanage setextradata 'My Jag VM' “VBoxInternal/Devices/VMMDev/0/Config/GetHostTimeDisabled” “1”

in which you should replace the My Jag VM phrase with the name of your VM, and you must use inverted commas if your VM name includes any spaces.

There's more on the subject here: www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=75260&page=5
    I actually tried both that, VBoxInternal2 (for OSX) and editing the actual file. Guess what happens?
    (It doesn't work. I should probably note that I am an IT guy.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anybody who can provide me with a version of IDS - SDD that can work with Mongoose Pro and work on my 2001 XKR X100. I have tried the VM route from TheMindBuddha it did not load the IDS. I purchased a V145 ...spent a lot of time loading it just to get told Authentican Failed.

Please is there anybody out there that has a working early verion on the SDD IDS i need...please.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need a crack to make it run. I didn't get to that part, but will do.

If nothing works, you can always buy dedicated diagnostics, that will be able to do almost everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mrmut......and where do I get these "cracks" and "dedicated diagnostics" I bought a V145 with Mongoose Pro...it does not work. I am really frustrated by so much advice and to me it appears to be leading nowhere. I would like a concrete solution that actually works. I am tired of all the "clone" lets make-money-out-of-some-sucker being sold on the WWW. So if there is somebody out there who has a full working solution for a X00 - 2001 Jaguar XKR and can show me the results....please step up to the plate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you want to have the cheap way to solve your issues, then you have to be prepared to dig, experiment quite a lot, and also pay for stuff that you aren't sure about.

Here you can download diag soft stuff with some scripts, ects, and I think crack is there, there is even a yuoutube vid about it: http://diagnosticdelivery.jlrext.com/idscentral

As for the rest, you have both instructions and VM files in the first post of the thread, files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WZu0WPnOcUqwEJ

As for the "concrete solution that actually works" go to the dealer. You didn't really expect to own an XKR and pay maintenance costs like when driving a Hyundai?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mrmut...this has never been about cheap...this has been about finding what actually works. Is that not the purpose of asking for advice on forum...getting good advice that works.

As said before....I have installed what was advised on page one so kindly provided by TheMindBuddha...VM for V130 however my car does not read and requires IDS which does not launch in the Page 1 solution.

As to any other solution... It would be nice to hear from someone who has a working solution for the car I have.

As to going to the dealer....that was my first port of call. I have always used the dealer to resolve my car issues...however here are the facts. In South Africa there are maybe 8 Jaguar dealers in total. The main dealer has one device that can read my car. They are situated 1500 km from where I live. My next port of call is to contact the Jaguar Land Rover SA HQ to see why their dealers cannot service my needs....and to make matters worse...they are not even sure of what is wrong. I was quoted R90k for a list of things they are not even sure are broken. From ABS Controller, Throttle Body, Wheel Sensors to who knows what.

I have owned this car for long enough to know that dealers are first port of call...but when they can no longer service my car I need to find alternatives....like many before me have had to. Thanks for your comments.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789