Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: JAGUAR IDS/SDD VIRTUAL IMAGES for 125/130/128 (Easy Instal)

Post Thanks / Like

JAGUAR SDD VIRTUAL IMAGE 130 (Easy Instal)

UPDATE 27/05/2019
    ​Have re-added my youtube videos on second post

UPDATE 11/05/2019

​Have re
    uploaded IDS 125 and SDD 138.
    They are available from the Link at the bottom of this post.

SDD130

Have now re-uploaded SDD 130 to my storage as people have found me online in other social media, and have asked if i still had access to my Virtual Machine (VM) images. I still have my images of 125 (Best for pre 2001 am told) and 138, but will no longer host.

The reason i stopped was simply a matter of space, and to host all 3 (along with with the 2012 map disk) was taking a lot of space. I will not upload to other cloud storage as its one more thing i will have to monitor. So have started to host my 130 image again, as its the most versatile one (but unfortunately its a tiny less user friendly). The whole idea was to give people a quick and easy way into using SDD on our now aging cars, and possibly save a few pennies.
    (Not saving pennies if am not sharing anymore???)

I have little expertise with the software and only created them so i could program Jaguar Voice to recognize my retrofitted Sat-Nav. I then shared them for the group i used to run on Facebook (Jaguar X-Type Group)
    (Please refer questions to more knowledgeable members for its use)

Just be aware that you will be running 2 operating systems at the same time. So if your using old hardware that is slow running one version of Windows, its going to be a lot slower running two. I created these images on my i7 overclocked Gaming rig, and use it on a 4 year old 2 core netbook. The newer and more powerful the hardware. The better it will run.

If you’re using an older PC/Laptop, remember it is now running two versions of windows at the same time. So on start-up of the VM, it can take a number of minutes for the VM to recognize and start the USB’s to recognize your mongoose. Have patience and it will find it. I have had a number of people say that the VM is not finding the Mongoose. This has all been on older machines with mechanical hard drives. If you wish to speed this up, get newer hardware or replace the drive with a SDD. But remember the software itself is not quick as it is browser based.

Another tip is make sure your plugged into the mains (and god created the extension cord) with older laptops (dodgy batteries). I had a laptop die on me part way flashing a module. Got an extension cord, turned it back on and it picked up where it left off. So don't panic if something goes wrong. Sit back and think before you do something really stupid!!!!

I run this quite comfortably on a 4 year old Netbook. Its a duel core Celeron with 4gb, 64gb SSD and the image is on a 64gb SDCard. I suppose you could install the image natively to a hard drive, but that would have to be something you will have to research yourself.

You can also consider if using an older laptop. Running a Disto of Linux with VirtualBox installed. Some disto's of Linux have very small footprints and will help you with running two OS's at the same time.

I will request if you download or use anything i supply! You give a few pennies in an animal charity box next time your able.

You should not have to pay anything for this VM image.
    (or burnt copies of the original SDD disks)
    I provide it free of charge, except for the condition above!

I take no responsibility for any damage done to your car or equipment with use of this software.
    (The software is clean and only misuse or inexperience will cause any issues. ECM/Module flashing be sure you know what your doing)

I also in no way lay claim to this software as my own or any copyright held by their respective holders.
    (I just made it easy to install)

Jaguar SSD Versions 130

Version 130 already has Mongoose toolkit installed to flash your cable with the right firmware and also a script to auto set the date to the correct one. Has both Jaguar and Land rover files included. Will need ID and password to be entered on first use (Included)

1. How to install

1. Install your version of Virtual-box. Virtual-box is available for Windows PC, OSX for Apple Mac’s and Linux at https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

1. Go to file and Import Appliance and select the image you downloaded. SDD130.ova

1. C. Sit back. Maybe put the kettle on as it can take quite a while depending on your hardware.

1. You can now (if you want and I do advice it), right click on the SDDimage, and create a clone. So you have a backup just in case you mess up, and instead of having to copy the image over again to your laptop

1. (TIP) You can make as many clones as you like (depending on your hard drive space) and if you’re working with multiple cars, then you can rename each clone for an individual cars!

1. E. Double click the file that now appears called SDD130. It should now load up windows XP in a window

2. How to use Jaguar SDD in a VM

Do not activate the wifi or any kind of online connection IN THE VM. Leave it offline. You can keep your laptop connected to google things out of the VM. Just don't connect the VM online!!

1. You should now have a window running XP. If you are using Version 130. A black window will appear. That is the auto script to set the date and time to 01/08/2012. Each time you start it, it will change the date to the correct one for it to work. Just click in the black box and press a key.

1. Any windows boxes that pop up to search for hardware. Just cancel them as it’s looking for drivers of hardware you don’t have. Ignore and cancel.

1. Plug your mongoose into the car and the other end into the laptop. Turn the ignition of your car to position 2.

1. Go to devices on the top of the Virtual box window, choose USB and select the mongoose. It should say Drews. Don't select any option that will bring you online in the image!

1. Now one of two things will happen. It will automatically detect the mongoose and update the firmware on the device or not. If not then you could already be compatible. You can double click on the windows icon for Mongoose JLR Configuration. You should see your mongoose in the white panel in the configuration menu. Select it and flash firmware. (It will send the right firmware to be compatible with the version of SDD you are using. If your using a different version of SDD. It will flash whatever one you need) to your mongoose

1. Now if you want to you can change the resolution of the virtual XP just like normal windows. I have set it at a low 800x600 so it is compatible on everyone’s screen resolution. So right click on the window and adjust to your own laptops specifications. If you press RIGHT CONTROL BUTTON and C for scaled mode or RIGHT CONTROL BUTTON and F for full screen mode.

1. Now double click on JLR SDD. It should now load up Internet explorer (yes it is browser based and the worst browser ever created). If it fails to load. Close the browser and the little window with stop application Click stop application. Just double click again Jaguar SDD, and it will load. If you are confronted with a password screen (only with Version 130), which sometimes happens? There is a password.txt on the VM images desktop for v130. USER ID - JLR9A8172 and Password - L538X760, then press identify

1. You should be now confronted with the vehicle identification number (VIN) screen. If not then your mongoose is not communicating to the car. Check Below!

Is it plugged into the car and laptop?
    Is the car ignition in position 2?
    Did the mongoose configuration tool flash the firmware?
    Did you activate USB in the Virtual box?

Link to files
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 22-05-19 at 21:18. Reason: Re-Upload of file
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

2. Thanks MarkFY, payno, Davidsw, big gaz, Blur and 5 others thanked for this post
    Likes MarkFY, Blur, Supereagle, mrmut, Fazzical liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jaguar IDS 125 being used in Virtualbox

Jaguar IDS 125

Jaguar SDD 130

Jaguar SDD 138

Install on friends Laptop 01/06/18

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -PAXP-deijE.gif  
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 22-05-19 at 21:19. Reason: Formatting changes
    2004 2.0D X-Type Estate Sport. OEM Factory HID's, Voice, Phone, Nav, Aruba Forged Performance Alloys. OEM Rear Entertainment system, Winter pack, Powder coated OEM Calipers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again for these... they really do make installing and using IDS/SDD much simpler for everyone. I have a standalone laptop running 130 but installed the VirtualBox VM on my primary Windows 10 laptop and it works a treat.

Just one question... are there any benefits to using v138, or indeed drawbacks to using it?
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 81K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

www.xtype.uk - For Everything X-Type

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

5. Thanks TheMindBuddah thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 02-01-19 at 09:22.

7. Thanks MarkFY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMindBuddah View Post
    I don't think there is much difference, but am led to believe 138 has some missing modules. So i only use the diagnostic side and the interface is a slightly better than 130. I left the Land Rover files off as well, so if your working with Land Rovers then 130 is your only choice.

130 is the best all round choice and as its from 2012. Most of the cars i will ever mess around with are covered (Still would love a x351!).
    Yep that’s what I thought about v138 being a bit less functional without paying for keys. But as I had only ever used v130 I thought I’d ask an expert!
    X-Type Sport 2.5 V6 AWD Auto MY2002 81K miles Platinum Cranberry leather sports seats, Aguila 17in rims

Retrofits: Climate Control, touch screen, LED interior, facelift steering wheel, bluetooth, voice, message centre, facelift center console/sliding arm rest, ACM, facelift door cards, powerfold mirrors, powerfold on lock, clear side repeaters, puddle lights, rear electric windows, parking aid, JagDroid, front/reverse cameras, Nextbase 522GW+Rear Dashcam

9. Thanks TheMindBuddah thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by TheMindBuddah; 02-01-19 at 09:22.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've migrated from Ford IDS to SDD now i have bought an XF. I have downloaded your files and it boots up successfully, however i cannot get it recognise the mongoose cable corrrectly.

Have you tried full CCF modification as i too wish to enable the voice function on the XF. Fords and X Types are easy as i've done literally hundreds of those, but this beast is giving me real grief.

Do we know if there is a crack available to bypass the 'Download missing CCF Files' request i keep getting?

Also, have you tried using the 'Softwaredownload.htm' file within IDS? that allows full engineering access, however i am still being asked to download missing files from the JLR server

All help appreciated

Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a1exward View Post
    I've migrated from Ford IDS to SDD now i have bought an XF. I have downloaded your files and it boots up successfully, however i cannot get it recognise the mongoose cable corrrectly.

Have you tried full CCF modification as i too wish to enable the voice function on the XF. Fords and X Types are easy as i've done literally hundreds of those, but this beast is giving me real grief.

Do we know if there is a crack available to bypass the 'Download missing CCF Files' request i keep getting?

Also, have you tried using the 'Softwaredownload.htm' file within IDS? that allows full engineering access, however i am still being asked to download missing files from the JLR server

All help appreciated

Alex
    have you enabled the usb device in the drop down menu at the top of the VirtualBox window?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, ive done that, SDD still looking for a VCM. I have a VCM 1 & 2 that i could use, just cannot be bothered this time of night to drag them out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a1exward View Post
    Yes, ive done that, SDD still looking for a VCM. I have a VCM 1 & 2 that i could use, just cannot be bothered this time of night to drag them out!
    Sorry, It just worked for me, after enabling the ’Drew’ USB device.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast