Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car issues escalated to CRC team due to dealer issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbov8 View Post
    A lot will depend on how you react with them also Jim. Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction.
    I totally agree with that Jimbo, 100% and resemble that remark more than a little

I always start nice n friendly, amenable and professional, explain the situation, that I'm a fan of the brand and have loyalty over quite a few years and a small clue about what I'm talking about ( I did say small lol )

Giving the service advisors and the guys at Jaguar CRC their place and explaining what you want / expect etc is key I find. People will treat you generally the way they want / expect to be treated and with respect.
    I find I get that back in spades...

If / when the time comes that I don't feel I'm being taken seriously or not getting what I feel I'm due ( no more / no less ) Then I'll raise it a level

There's usually at least 3 or 4 levels and hopefully don't want to ever get to level 4 or beyond, escalating to supervisors / managers and beyond is quite rare.

Shouting / screaming or threatening behaviour rarely works
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I could not agree more that being patient,polite and explaining the situation in a calm way is always the initial way to contact anyone when you are looking for their assistance. BUT dealing with Jaguar or Land Rover CRC is a different matter.
    They are patronising,ill informed and generally annoying whenever they ring to update information which you have often recieved from your dealer already. I found this during the rejection of my 2 F Paces and my Daughter has experieced a similar situation over problems with her 5 month old RR Velar which suffered engine problems and has been off the road for 8 weeks.CRC even denied having balance shaft problems with their Ingenium engine and they would not authorise a new engine but made the dealer remove the faulty engine and attempt a repair which then exposed problems within the engine dating back to the initial factory build. I suppose that the last straw for me was when I read on a Jaguar forum that when a customer had a genuine issue the Ingenium engine they were referred to as an ldiot by CRC when somebody pressed the reply button instead of forward. Some urgent training and retraining ought to be on the cards for JLR. CRC before they loose more customers from lack of service.
    2 rejected F Paces for 2018 XF 2.0D AWD Sportbrake. caesium blue with goodies. 2006 4.2 XK Convertable. 1965 Daimler2.5 V8 Saloon.

4. Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there, sorry to hear of your issues, never great in that position.

I don't know the full facts, but I do know that there are, some good people in the CRC, It may be that your experience was different which sucks. To date though across a few forums I've seen some people who have had real success with aid from the CRC team and others, perhaps not so much.

I do generally wonder though if the full remit of the CRC team is put out there for all to see? I question if sometimes we expect miracles. I'm sure they have their limits as to what they can get involved in and what they can't, what they can assist with and what they can't. They have rules to follow and guidelines which must be adhered too.

My experience first hand is nothing but positive to date and I'll tell it exactly like it is either way....

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

6. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of your bad experiences Hydrajaws, I hope you ended up with good cars in the end; whatever you went for.

You are always captain positive Jim, I bet your glass is always half full!

I think that's the best way to be in this life, otherwise you just make it harder for yourself; So good for you, and because of your positive attitude, and as we all know you never give up, I'm sure things will get sorted for you in the end!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    The issue with larger companies is they can have so many products and services, the people at the front end canít know everything about everything, and have to waffle until they get the right answer. Itís knowing how to waffle professionally is the key.
    Trying to be honest to some customers is never easy when they insist/ push for answers also.
    This is where the hold button or the end of the call comes in handy for the difficult customers.
    Itís the nature of the job, the people on the other end of the phone are only armed with so much info and are human too.
    Iím sure Jaguar CRC are no different and can sometimes be behind the real time happenings, but agreed, training would be needed for whoever Hydrajaws spoke to.
    As Jim says and Iím sure everyone else is the same.
    Calm and friendly even if your pulling your hair out makes it easier for all concerned.
    Working in customer service I could write a book about my experiences over the years!

9. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Sorry to hear of your bad experiences Hydrajaws, I hope you ended up with good cars in the end; whatever you went for.

You are always captain positive Jim, I bet your glass is always half full!

I think that's the best way to be in this life, otherwise you just make it harder for yourself; So good for you, and because of your positive attitude, and as we all know you never give up, I'm sure things will get sorted for you in the end!
    Thanks Chris, I try to be as positive as I can, helps somewhat
    A career in sales and PMA ( Positive Mental Attitude ) etc certainly helps.

It's a little like putting Crieff meet together, getting £3k+ worth of prizes isn't easy. Constantly having to ask people to give money / prizes etc is hard year after year.
    A no to me doesn't mean no, it means ask again, try a different approach and keep asking higher up the chain until you get the answer you want / need
    It seems to work 99% of the time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn65 View Post
    The issue with larger companies is they can have so many products and services, the people at the front end can’t know everything about everything, and have to waffle until they get the right answer. It’s knowing how to waffle professionally is the key.
    Trying to be honest to some customers is never easy when they insist/ push for answers also.
    This is where the hold button or the end of the call comes in handy for the difficult customers.
    It’s the nature of the job, the people on the other end of the phone are only armed with so much info and are human too.
    I’m sure Jaguar CRC are no different and can sometimes be behind the real time happenings, but agreed, training would be needed for whoever Hydrajaws spoke to.
    As Jim says and I’m sure everyone else is the same.
    Calm and friendly even if your pulling your hair out makes it easier for all concerned.
    Working in customer service I could write a book about my experiences over the years!
    Thanks Glenn and I am on the same page as you.
    It's unfortunate but most of these guys are thrown in at the deep end and have little / no knowledge and struggle for answers. It may not be what it should be, but is what it is, so deal with it in the full and certain knowledge that you may have to work a little to get what you want.

Whether it's owed or not, anything worthwhile is never easy

I had an issue with my VW Passat, well documented on the VWAudi forum, I made a large contribution to a "front wing corrosion" thread that now has 726 replys and 281k views.
    It's a common problem on Golfs / Passats and Jetta whereby the front wings rust from the inside out, it's caused by a liner placed within the wing to assist with sound deadening from the factory. There's a 12 yr anti corrosion warranty and a 3 yr paintwork warranty.

My car at the time was around 10 yrs old, so within the corrosion warranty period, but outwith the paintwork warranty period and this is their first port of call. Most people just gave up and had the wing painted or did it themselves. I pushed and pushed as I knew I was right, I had a copy of the TSB from 2004 and hit them with that
    They offered a 50% contribution, NO I said, you will sort this under warranty

After weeks and a month or two of communications that became a 70% contribution offer, NO I said, you will sort this under warranty
    I was actually in discussions with BBC Watchdog's programme at that time, literally they were about to make a case of it. I gave the VW guys one last shot and called them. I asked them to confirm their name and their full address, I would be sending them a letter to advise they had 14 days to stand behind their warranty or I would see them in court AND contact the media etc.

Within an hour, some 2 months after starting the process I received a call ( I actually missed it as I was on to a producer of Watchdog and received a voicemail )
    It said they would stand up and make a 100% free fix of the issue as a goodwill gesture.
    I called them back and said that was fine, although we both knew it was warranty and NOT goodwill, but they could call it whatever they wanted as long as they resolved it, which they did, with a courtesy car thrown in and everything.

A lot of the time it's how far you are willing to go, sometimes people just want an easy life and give up, that's not me.

Maybe I've been lucky, maybe I'm pushy, maybe I just won't take no for an answer, but whatever the reason I generally get it sorted and enjoy a good relationship with the service personnel of whatever brand I'm driving.
    I make it my business to get to know their names, get to know them and treat them with respect and like real people. I may take in a case of beer, chocolates or a bottle of wine or two at Christmas and trust me, I am remembered and get things that other people don't.

People buy from people, people sell to people and remembering that and taking the time to deal with them as real people can benefit so much in the long run
    Jim
    Last edited by JimC64; 13-06-18 at 16:31.

11. Thanks C16RKC thanked for this post
    Likes C16RKC, Jimbov8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is one of the best replies - and to boot best advice - I have read on here in a long time!!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

13. Thanks JimC64 thanked for this post
    Likes Jimbov8, JimC64 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123