Thread: service

Post Thanks / Like

service

Is there a way I can check in my car how many miles I have left before my car needs a service I have had a look around on the internet but cant find anything to do with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure on the F type, but on my XJ you switch the ignition on and in the dash menus the service one appears and that tells me distance to service and distance to adblu fill up. May be worth a check.
    Present: 2016 Jaguar XJ Porfolio
    Present: 2005 Toyota Yaris (winter run around)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.t View Post
    Not sure on the F type, but on my XJ you switch the ignition on and in the dash menus the service one appears and that tells me distance to service and distance to adblu fill up. May be worth a check.
    No such thing on the F-Type as far as I know.
    However you do get a message when a service is coming due, here is what the Owner Handbook says:

SERVICE INTERVAL INDICATOR
    An upcoming service interval will be notified to the driver via the Message centre, as either a
    distance or time left until the service is due.
    Once the distance or time are exceeded, the display will show a negative value (-) to indicate
    that a service is overdue.
    One or both types of service interval (distance and time) may be displayed.

In my experience the message first pops up around 4 weeks and/or 1,000 miles before a service is due.

In any event the service intervals are the same for all F-Types - 12 months or 16,000 miles whichever comes first, alternating between A and B services.
    2014 F-Type S coupe, Lunar Grey, red seats and nearly all the options.
    The dearly departed - 2010 XFS and 2010 XFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Killer!! There is a service interval indicator on every Jaguar F type cars where you can see easily after how long your car needs service. Apart from this, the 2016 Jaguar F-Type's warranty and scheduled maintenance coverage has also increased to segment-leading terms, according to Jaguar. Normally it is every 16,000 miles or every 12 months; whichever occurs first tells you when necessary vehicle maintenance needs to be scheduled.