Thread: Telephone

Post Thanks / Like

Telephone

Hi, my 1998 XK8 has a Motorola telephone in the centre console and a microphone in the headline above the driver. Can this easily and cheaply be converted to Bluetooth? Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a Parrot in the s type but a bit more expensive in the xk as extra long leads are required from what I remember .
    Jaguar XKR x150 Cabriolet 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the final MY XK8/R offered Bluetooth as an option - apparently not very common so you might have difficulty in getting the modules required, assuming the existing wiring is compatible.

Aftermarket may be the best route.
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/
    Wireless Phone Charger under Instrument Surround.
    Pictures of technical stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    No.... the phone cannot be converted and you cannot upgrade to the module used in the last of the X100 models. You can add a parrot, or any other after market option but they don't work with the steering wheel buttons and audio. I've run a stand alone Bluetooth phone unit as featured on Fifth gear, cost about £15
    1998 XKR Convertible, 2004 S-type V8 SE

Post Thanks / Like
    Will the Motorola phone still work? Thanks for the info so far

Post Thanks / Like
    The gsm Motorola handsfree phone in my 2002 car worked no problem, std sim card all that was needed.

The battery was clapped out though.
    S Type 4.2 SE Plus 2002 original spec: Xenon HID/SatNav/Voice/Cassette Player/CDC/TV/GSM Phone/Sun Roof/Rear Blind/CATS.
    Retro-fitted: CD Player/Bluetooth Phone/Aux Power Socket, USB & Volt Meter in Boot/Reversing Cam/Dash Cam & PSU/Dual USB sockets in Armrest/
    Wireless Phone Charger under Instrument Surround.
    Pictures of technical stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Parrot system installed. It does cut out the radio during conversations and the volume works on the steering wheel. The radio head unit also displays 'phone' on incoming and outgoing calls. With the Parrot I can also voice dial though that is not reliable in a noisy car environment.
    2003 Zircon Blue XKR Convertible.
    It's in the detail.

To see index of "Franks Story" up to 8th March 2017 Please Click Here. Thanks!

Cannot see any photos? PHOTOBUCKET FIX please CLICK HERE FOR SOLUTION

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all this - I will try sim card in phone and see what happens, cheers