Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bye Bye XK

Post Thanks / Like
    Good post. All you say is true, but what it means is that when/if I tire of XKs, my next car will probably be a Mercedes. The interiors, like all other cars now, are 'black plastic with bits of old cooker hood' but at least the outsides look nice. There is no current Jaguar I want to buy, and that's sad as I've had five Jaguars and am basically a Jaguar person. They used to be distinctive and classy, now they're not. So I'll have to emigrate.

Next time you're driving, look at the car in front, then imagine the badge is missing. Can you tell what it is? Nope.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure I read an interview with Ian Callum, where he said that there would be a successor to the XK, and it might have a eclectic version. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the nearest all-electric equivalent to the XK/X150 (hopefully, by Jaguar) eventually turns out like.

Jaguar's I-Pace may be an excellent car but it's more SUV than Grand Tourer. The Tesla Model S is a fine-looking car (especially from the rear quarter - much like a Jaguar) but is a big, luxury 5-seater hatchback, not a stylish 2-seat GT. The model X is just an SUV and the Model 3 a boring little saloon (not even a hatchback).

All other all-electric cars so far are as ugly as sin.

Who will be the first manufacturer to produce a beautiful-looking high-performance all-electric GT car to compare with our cars?
    2002 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Blue
    2006 Jaguar XK (Aluminium) 4.2 Indigo Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hayward View Post
    it might have a eclectic version
    A new step forward in car design!

But if there was insufficient market for a petrol XK to warrant ceasing production in 2014, is there a larger market for an electric version? It will be more expensive and less functional due to charging points.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234