Thread: 2003 4.2 s type

Post Thanks / Like

2003 4.2 s type

Hello, I have searched the forum for someone with a similar problem but i can not find a thread that is specifically what I'm looking for.

I just purchased my first Jaguar. The car runs flawlessly and is quite enjoyable to drive. The only issue I've noticed thus far is when I first start it in the morning it blows a cloud of smoke out of both tailpipes and then it runs clean as a whistle until the next morning.
    Environmental: I live in FL so we are about 70 degrees (f) at 7am when I fire it up.

Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to the forum. From what you say, if the smoke is white then it is condensation within the exhaust and is quite normal.
    It should not do it when starting a warm engine.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 112K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Roger. The smoke is a bit darker than white. Not blue though and no distinct smell. I did notice a small spot of oil on the driveway. Looks to be what I tested as 2 drops of oil overnight. I’ll check again in the morning.
    Thank you for your response!
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Vamonter,
    Welcome to Jaguar ownership, the website and forum.
    Everyone here is friendly and helpful.
    I have owned my immaculate 2004 XJ-V8 since December 2016 and it's a brilliant car.
    My previously owned Jaguars are a 1996 XJ Sovereign and 2 x 2001 S types.

Tootle Pip.
    Supertrev.
    Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8 in Jaguar Racing Green which sparkles in the strong sunshine.