Thread: 2nd Jag so guess I'd better say Hi

Post Thanks / Like

2nd Jag so guess I'd better say Hi

Just bought a black 55k XF in Black 3.0d, superb car to drive and feels to luxurious (possibly because my previous car was a Honda Civic!)

Had an X-Type 2.2 a few years ago but didn't like it - looked great but engine, drive and handling were not good - could have been a lemon!

I also grew up being driven around in a 3.8 S Type by my mother - maybe were the hankering started....

So learning about the XF and it's workings - I like to spanner a bit - and have a few minor issues which I will no doubt post if I cannot resolve.

Cheers, Colin

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Colin, enjoy.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome the forum - the XF is a fine car!

I did not get on with the X-type either, but I actually thought it was a great car with a fantastic luxury feel to the interior. But it was actually the manual gearbox, and 2.0 litre Diesel engine that drove me nuts. Still I only bought mine as a temporary transport while my Mercedes interior was being trimmed, so it did not matter too much.

Good luck and welcome!!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

Previous... 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the XF, A cracking car....

Happy motoring

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Colin,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Everyone here is friendly and helpful.
    I have owned my immaculate 2004 XJ-V8 since December 2016 and it's a brilliant car.
    My previously owned Jaguars are a 1996 XJ Sovereign and 2 x 2001 S types.

Tootle Pip.
    Supertrev.
    Truly immaculate 2004 XJ 350 - V8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Colin, welcome.
    I love my 2.2 haha.
    Enjoy the XF

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zurcon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 112K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking , HID Dip Beams
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Colin nice you got the Fastest Colour!
    64 Plate RSport 3.0D All Black, Ceramic coated, self healing front car wrap, 19" alloys