Thread: Battery box thermal; switch, where to find one?

Post Thanks / Like

Battery box thermal; switch, where to find one?

My XJ6C was not equiped with the cooling battery box. I sourced a replacement. All fine exept for the thermal switch that opperates the fan motor. I cannot find a part number and the abvious parts suppliers don't have it on their parts lists. Can anyone tell met where to find the thermal switch and what the part number is. Or, maybe the is an alternative? The Wheeler Dealer items about the XJ12C, Edd China was repairing the thermal switch on that car. Mine is just gone into brittle plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you’re not bothered whether you have an original switch then try RS Components, they should have something to fit the bill.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.

3. Likes payno liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found an original for a 10er. Solved.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Ron.
    Jim.
    2009 XK 5.0L PortfolioPast:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L coupe in that order and enjoyed all of 'em.

I do not offer advice, I only say what I would do with the set of circumstances presented. Your choice always.