Thread: De-Chrome and Vinyl Wrapping - West Midlands

Post Thanks / Like

Question De-Chrome and Vinyl Wrapping - West Midlands

I have just replaced my silver Nevis with gloss-black Kalimnos and now want to de-chrome the trim. Can anyone recommend a detailer close to west Birmingham who can do a good wrap job for reasonable money? Alternatively, any sources or part numbers for the black window-finishers and small front air-duct chrome finishers? There is not a lot coming up on forum searches.
    James

2010 XK 'R' Adaptive Dynamics Claret Metallic/Smoke Charcoal - Snoozy
    2005 XK8 Silver/Charcoal - Nessie

Post Thanks / Like
    Have them wrapped in gloss black vinyl, cheaper than changing them and you can take the vinyl off later if you decided to put the car back to standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, thanks, got that but who in the West Midlands area is known to do a good job of this? There are a few candidates showing on a search but I would prefer to use one who is known to do a good job on a Jag.
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, had a lot of threads to catch up on this morning so skim-read a bit, only saw the bit where you asked about the part numbers I can't help with a recommendation for a wrapper but I'd expect that to be far cheaper than changing the parts, someone posted the same question recently and the part prices were surprisingly expensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    Sorry, had a lot of threads to catch up on this morning so skim-read a bit, only saw the bit where you asked about the part numbers I can't help with a recommendation for a wrapper but I'd expect that to be far cheaper than changing the parts, someone posted the same question recently and the part prices were surprisingly expensive.
    No probs, I saw that post and those were only the standard chrome parts IIRC. I haven't found part codes for the black equivalents or the Black Pack as an accessory option (not that I would need the rims). Where bodywork is concerned I keep well clear and am just hoping that someone will be able to give me a steer to a reputable outfit around my area.
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    So the main part that runs up the A-pillar, over the windows and down around the rear quarter lights to the doors are C2P21020 and C2P21021 and cost £384. Each. No real idea what you'd pay to have your existing ones wrapped but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near that.

As for where to get it done, you might get a better response on Pistonheads etc. - if you aren't already a member then let me know and I'll post in the correct regional section and ask for recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bit View Post
    So the main part that runs up the A-pillar, over the windows and down around the rear quarter lights to the doors are C2P21020 and C2P21021 and cost £384. Each. No real idea what you'd pay to have your existing ones wrapped but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near that.

As for where to get it done, you might get a better response on Pistonheads etc. - if you aren't already a member then let me know and I'll post in the correct regional section and ask for recommendations.
    Thanks again, not surprised at the cost and that doesn't include the weatherstrip on the doors, the JAGUAR strip across the boot or black versions of the small air intake ducts to the left and right of the lower grill. Black Pack parts at RRP are sure to come to well over £1000 and quotes for wrapping are starting to come in at between £250-350 for all of the side chrome, the air ducts and the boot strip. I don't know any of these people or the quality of their work or familiarity with Jaguars hence trying not to be the first one down the trail. Thank for the offer, I have posted at PH now as well as the XKEC.
    James

Post Thanks / Like
    Post some pics of your car when done, would like to see how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Adamesh do the black pack upper and lower front grilles (above and below the number plate), the ones they sell are just the Jaguar OE ones but for slightly higher price. I managed to find the lower one on eBay for a good deal so splashed out on the upper one from Adamesh, these fit my 4.2 and any pre-facelift 5.0:

DSC_4131 by niallporter1, on Flickr