Thread: Registering for Incontrol as 2nd hand user

Post Thanks / Like

Registering for Incontrol as 2nd hand user

Hi, I recently purchased my first Jaguar through a private sale. Have always wanted one and proud to finally own one! I have the automatic, which I've heard (and please correct me if i am wrong) comes with the Incontrol app which connects to my phone. I have tried connecting it by putting in the VIN etc, but it says the car has already been registered by someone else (presumably the 1st owner). It then says to contact your local Jaguar dealer for assistance. So I phoned my local dealer which is actually 2 hours away but is the nearest one, and they asked if i bought the car from them - which i didnt. I explained my situation and after being put on hold 3 times they said they would get back to me. Of course they never did. I contacted them again and kept being put on hold again so I think they do not know what to do. Which leaves me unable to register my car for Incontrol. Any ideas who I should phone to resolve this? I don't want to just pick any jaguar dealer out the phonebook and encounter this issue again and again whereby no-one is sure how to help me. It must be common enough for a second hand jaguar to need Incontrol registered to a new user!! Any help appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there, I did exactly this through my local dealer

That said, try contacting the Jaguar CRC team ( Customer relationship centre ) and get them to help

The previous owners details will need to be removed and your added

Good luck
    Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors