Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear lower suspension arm

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks i replaced the rear arm. Was going to document it until i realised my new arm had the 59mm bush in and the old was a 54mm. Over 2 hours of filing and i just wanted it to be over. Anyway its done. Its a pain in the ass job but 1 that anyone could do in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaziP07 View Post
    Folks i replaced the rear arm. Was going to document it until i realised my new arm had the 59mm bush in and the old was a 54mm. Over 2 hours of filing and i just wanted it to be over. Anyway its done. Its a pain in the ass job but 1 that anyone could do in my opinion.
    Gaz,
    Have you an X350 or an X358 ?
    I only ask as the first arms I got for an X350 / S-Type would have needed 2mm washers putting either side so sent them back.
    The ones that would have needed washers came from Poland , would have probably been fine but was concerned for any other differences.
    The ones I got from Germany were a perfect fit ......... something a bit odd going on here , are we back in the Longbridge days lol.
    Both were genuine Jaguar bagged up parts , the first ones were an XR part number and the ones that fitted were C2C
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k + miles
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog light H11 lamps replaced with Cree LED's / running as DRL's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 358. And according to the ebay ad its a c2c part. The bush looked like it had a shoulder washer either side and that they might come apart but they wouldnt budge.
    2007 XJ-358 2.7 in Pearl Metallic Grey. 120,000 on the clock. Slowly but surely putting everything right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GaziP07 View Post
    I have a 358. And according to the ebay ad its a c2c part. The bush looked like it had a shoulder washer either side and that they might come apart but they wouldnt budge.
    I think I'll put this down to one of life's little mysteries , the ones that came out definitely had longer sleeves and no washers.

I shot blasted the old ones and put them on eBay as needing re-bushing , I was surprised as the pair made £105 from £9.99 staring bid.
    2009 X358 XJ LWB 2.7 Tdvi , Liquid Silver , 100k + miles
    Bumper reflectors drilled and fitted with 3W side marker lights.
    Fog light H11 lamps replaced with Cree LED's / running as DRL's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12