Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P0100/p0103/p0113

Post Thanks / Like

P0100/p0103/p0113

Hello guys,
    i am from Germany and i have bought a 2007/Twin Turbo S-Type 2.7Diesel and i have a problem with these codes.

These codes was in the error memory and then the garage worker said that we must change the MAF. Today the MAF was changed and the air filter and its showing the same error again...

P0100/P0103/P0113

The problem is, when i am giving gas at highway he shows "Motorleistung begrenzt" which mich Motor is restricted...

You know some solution ?
    Kind regards Mustafa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mustafa, and welcome to our forums.

First, you can download the Workshop Manual if you don't have one, many of the Trouble Codes are given in it with Troubleshooting steps.

Here is the link to the host site, there is a large library there, you can find many other documents and info too:

https://www.jagrepair.com

Click on "Jaguar S-Type" in the middle column and then click on "Jaguar S-Type 2002.5-2008 FSM Workshop Manual" near the bottom.

Other Fault codes are listed in the documents listed above that.

"Motor restricted" is known as "Restricted Performance" to our models.

It is a frequent failure on the 2.7 litre diesel from many causes, but unfortunately many owners did not tell us tell us their final solution.

Sometimes more info can be found on other sites for some codes.

See these:
    https://www.obd-codes.com/p0100
    https://www.obd-codes.com/p0103
    https://www.obd-codes.com/p0113

Also:
    https://repairpal.com/obd-ii-code-p0113

Your mechanic did the right thing, the MAF and blocked air filter are normally the first suspects for the P0100 and P0103 codes. There is also a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor which may cause the P0103 code.

The P0113 is Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor problem.

Some MAF sensors also incorporate the IAT sensor, I don't know about the one in the Diesel S Type.

Did your mechanic fit a new MAF sensor or did he clean and refit the original one? Often cleaning does not cure the problem. It's best to replace it, they are not expensive. You may find a German supplier on UK eBay.

The next step is to check the MAF, MAP and IAT sensors again and also their connectors and wiring, we sometimes find corrosion in the connectors, or damaged wires.

Then try to reset the codes and see which ones come back.

You can also do a "hard reset" and initialisation of all control modules by disconnecting the battery cables, touch the cables together away from the battery for 30 seconds, then reconnect them to the battery and do the list of resets including the Throttle Pedal Limits.

These resets are in the thread "Resets Required after a flat Battery" in our S Type Stickies subforum.

You need the code for your radio before. Or you can bypass the code with a key combination which is in the same thread.

Here is the link to the Stickies so you can see what else is there:

http://www.jaguarforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Low battery voltage (less than 12.2 volts) can also cause random false fault codes, so if yours is showing less then 12.5 volts on its terminals, charge it on a home charger overnight. A good battery will show at least 12.7 volts. Turn on your headlamps for 3 minutes after charging, then turn them off and measure.

Others will give more suggestions shortly.

Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; 10-07-18 at 15:49.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome.

How good is your english? Because the workshop manual is only available in English as far as I know.

This video explains how the MAF works and how to test it. You need a scan tool to do this. I would start with an elm327 usb from Amazon or ebay. The are a lot of programs available to use with this device.

The program that I use is https://www.outilsobdfacile.com

It is available in German and works on a laptop which is better than a smart phone because you can see more.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    Hi and welcome.

How good is your english? Because the workshop manual is only available in English as far as I know.

This video explains how the MAF works and how to test it. You need a scan tool to do this. I would start with an elm327 usb from Amazon or ebay. The are a lot of programs available to use with this device.

The program that I use is https://www.outilsobdfacile.com

It is available in German and works on a laptop which is better than a smart phone because you can see more.

Hello, we changed the MAF , but the problem is there...

So if i drive and give kick down the car is going to the "restricted mode" after 70km/h or when i am giving gas at highway it come to restricted mode...
    Its not the turbo, cause the functionality is there, but if you give kick down the modus is coming and after i on/off the car the modus is going away.

What could be else?
    Its showing the MAF problem again, but we changed the 2 maf, the problem is there...
    Could it be the agr valve or charge-air hose ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would check the air temperate sensor. This works hand in hand with the MAF sensor. If it reading the air intake temperate incorrectly then density of the air is higher or less and the MAF is sending the incorrect mass/,volume of air reading to the ECU which then injects the incorrect amount of fuel into the cylinders. The 02 sensor in the exhaust would then tell the ecu that there is the incorrect amount of fuel which then would say the only thing that can be causing this is the MAF but this not the case as you have fitted a new one.

Can you tell us the part number of type of MAF you had fitted so that we can check you have the right one. As you live in Germany the garages use the schusselnummer and I have found out that you can get the wrong parts from aftermarket spare parts. When you order parts you have to use the fahrzeug ident nummer.

I use sng barret to find the correct part number and then look if I can get the part for less money.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello the garage changed the MAF, but they used 3-4 MAF examples , not only one, so it is not the MAF, but it could be as you said the air temparute sensor, if its separated to the MAF or is it in the MAF?

And could it be that the error is coming because the diesel particalur filter is full?

Post Thanks / Like
    The air temperature sensor is built into the MAP sensor part number C2P19377 and the MAF for the diesel is C2C12919.
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    The air temperature sensor is built into the MAP sensor part number C2P19377 and the MAF for the diesel is C2C12919.

so now i drive the car again and find out that there is a howl/whistle when i am giving gas...
    and there is oil over some tube at the motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is not normal. Check to see Which pipe is not connected correctly. Do you have a scanner? If so check your long term fuel trims it should be at 0%.
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like
    Page 1160 says there are two ,MAF in your car maybe they changed the wrong one.
    Grumpy Old Git
    Napoléon Bonaparte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast