Thread: JLR IDS SDD V130 or 131 software

Post Thanks / Like

JLR IDS SDD V130 or 131 software

Hi
    I'm a newbie and wondered if anyone has a link to download either V130 or 131 of the IDS SDD software. I have a 97 XK8 and a 2000 XKR and would like to investigate problems.
    I have tried Martyns link, but IDS will not open.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can't find a free download it's quite cheap to buy on eBay but I have spent hours trying to install it on a laptop an get it to work properly and gave up in the end. What I discovered was that it needs Windows XP or Windows 7 on 32 bit machine (it won't run directly on 64 bit machine) and you need to have the correct VCM. For the two vehicles you mention you will then need to persuade it to open up the Legacy IDS from within SDD and I never achieved this without it crashing.

In the end, I paid up and bought an ex-dealer system on an old Panasonic Toughbook which runs IDS v118.5 and I use a Rotunda VCM (not Rotunda II).

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Eric
    I've had the same problems with those purchased from ebay etc, IDS will not run even when you get SDD to run, I have it on XP pro 32 bit in a VM, but IDS refuses to start, will keep trying. If I have any luck will let you know.
    I have purchased a mongoose cable, it seems to be recognised in SDD, but still unable to get IDS
    Regards
    Norman