Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: In Control Touch Pro is rubbish, agreed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do mate, i've only had the car a few weeks and driven it for a few day before going offshore, my wife drove it once and loved it, but the keys are in Faraday pouches locked away, for security reason you understand lol, she has her own Ford. Richard at Norwich has been good so far, i did ask him when i picked the car up if there latest software was installed, but he told me they would only do an update if there was a problem. i asked him to ensure apple carplay is working, in a hope they update it, i have a Samsung lol. I'll check when when i get home. If its not don't i might have to intermittently have some problems mentioned
    Jaguar XJ Portfolio 2017 & Triumph Bonneville T120
    Utinque Paratus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PScott543 View Post
    Ian, am I right in understanding that there is now an option to have the front park sensors come on automatically, rather than when you go into reverse or manually?
    Only 18MY and newer got that, apparently can’t be retrofitted. Mine had that option from new.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    Only 18MY and newer got that, apparently can’t be retrofitted. Mine had that option from new.
    My car was built October 17, so I guess is a MY18. How do you select the option?

Edit:

Don't worry! Got the car back and it’s there. Not sure it wasn’t before but never noticed the setting logo when in use before.

New system seems to work work much better. Faster changes between radio stations, more sensitive volume, everything seems faster and more positive.

Need to replace the SIM, which ran out two days ago, and log car into account then set up favourites again.

So so far so good.
    Last edited by PScott543; 07-12-18 at 18:58.

Post Thanks / Like
    TouchPro Duo was first fitted to Velar

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know if you can assign short names to destinations? The voice system recognises 'home' but other addresses it gives me lists to choose from based on the first word, which are often not relevant, even if destination is in favourites.

i can easily assign a person's name to each address, if that's doable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I figured out how to assign short names but voice recognition still doesn’t pick them up. It works fine for ‘home’ but nothing else.

Anyone tried postcodes?

The system’s definitely faster and more responsive to touch. A bit more intuitive too. And the voice works much better now though still not perfect, for me, on the Nav.
    Last edited by PScott543; 08-12-18 at 17:04.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456