Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In Control Touch Pro is rubbish, agreed?

Post Thanks / Like

In Control Touch Pro is rubbish, agreed?

The touch screen is clunky and not very responsive. The features are limited and some only work if your smart phone is connected (don't get me started on there being no phone cradle on a car costing over £60k). I cannot believe I wasted so much money to 'upgrade' to the In Control Touch Pro because the bigger screen just makes it more obvious how rubbish this system is. The cheapest tablet on the market would be streets ahead of this system. Hard to believe that Jaguar thought this system was ready for market because it is a long way from that.

I have had 4 new Jaguar cars over the last 6 years. This will be the last. Audi Q5 or Q7 next although I will make doubly sure that that is up to scratch before parting with any money.

In short: don't waste your money on an F Pace if you want a good infotainment system and definitely don't spend extra to get the Pro version.
    F Pace 3.0 S Italian Racing Red 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    If it is that bad why did you select the upgrade in the first place.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 122K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Pro and find it great now I’ve had the phase 3 update. Very responsive, has the features it always should have had in the first place, such as sms messages, has online media streaming option all working fine. Not hand an issue since it’s been updated.

On my visit to Goodwood today, I saw apple CarPlay and android auto in the Pro infotainment in an F-Pace SVR in the menu list so that’s coming too as an update.

So no I don’t agree at all since the update it’s definately not rubbish. Try the standard ICT system now that’s poor.

Book it in for an update and it’ll transform the system.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiv View Post
    If it is that bad why did you select the upgrade in the first place.

Roger
    I did not know what it was like until I had bought the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian D View Post
    I have the Pro and find it great now I’ve had the phase 3 update. Very responsive, has the features it always should have had in the first place, such as sms messages, has online media streaming option all working fine. Not hand an issue since it’s been updated.

On my visit to Goodwood today, I saw apple CarPlay and android auto in the Pro infotainment in an F-Pace SVR in the menu list so that’s coming too as an update.

So no I don’t agree at all since the update it’s definately not rubbish. Try the standard ICT system now that’s poor.

Book it in for an update and it’ll transform the system.
    I already had the update about a month ago. Interesting what you say but I am sorry I don't agree. For example, you cannot input a satnav destination using voice whereas you could in the previous XF. In order to choose a favourite destination from the menu it takes 5 touches of the screen and that is assuming the system responds. The media player using the hard drive in the system is not intuitive at all in the way an app on a computer or tablet would be. Using Rivet Radio and Mytuner is very hit and miss, actually more miss than hit. As I said in my original post, the cheapest tablet or smart phone on the market has better functionality than the In Control Touch Pro IMHO.

Nevertheless, thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have full voice commands for the sat nav that you get when you update to the latest maps after the update has been performed. They do work too, makes it much quicker. Have you been on the jaguar.here website to download the latest map since the update?

It even mentions to do this in the release notes as part of the Pro update.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idkwia View Post
    I did not know what it was like until I had bought the car.
    So you are going to make sure everything on the Audi Q5 or Q7 does what it says on the tin then. Not a very good reason to leave a marque in my opinion.

Roger
    HEY I THOUGHT I HAD RETIRED, Ex Auto Electrician
    2006 X Type 2.2d SE Manual Estate. Zircon Blue Champagne/Mocca, F/R Parking sensors, ,Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, Headlight Washers, Sat Nav 2012 update, 17 in Wheels, 122K Mods:- Electric Autofold Mirrors on Locking
    Simple Autofold Mirrors on Locking,http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthrea...irrors+locking
    UPDATE YOUR SIGNATURE http://www.jaguarforum.com/showthread.php?t=91945

8. Likes JimC64, MarkFY, Villanova27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by idkwia View Post

I have had 4 new Jaguar cars over the last 6 years. This will be the last. Audi Q5 or Q7 next although I will make doubly sure that that is up to scratch before parting with any money.

In short: don't waste your money on an F Pace if you want a good infotainment system and definitely don't spend extra to get the Pro version.
    No offence, but you stepped up for a £60k car you say and you DIDN'T check the features you wanted??
    I'm sorry but think that says more about you than the car you just bought I'm afraid.

Hopefully, as you say, you don't make the same mistake twice and look before you jump next time.
    Good luck
    Jim
    My_XJ_X351_ownership_thread

My_XJ_X358_ownership_thread

Wife's_X_type

MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

10. Likes rchiv, MarkFY, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    No offence, but you stepped up for a £60k car you say and you DIDN'T check the features you wanted??
    I'm sorry but think that says more about you than the car you just bought I'm afraid.

Hopefully, as you say, you don't make the same mistake twice and look before you jump next time.
    Good luck
    Jim

Of course I checked the car had the features I wanted. I actually opted for an In-Control Touch Pro. The problem is that a number of the features don't work or don't work particularly well. In addition, it is reasonable to expect a touchscreen in a modern car to work as well as a modern tablet or smartphone but it doesn't.

I read all the marketing blurb on the infotainment system and it sounded brilliant, that is why I bought it, but in reality it is not as good as they say it is. The fact is, this is a very expensive 'computer' but it certainly doesn't work anywhere near as good as a very expensive real computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rchiv View Post
    So you are going to make sure everything on the Audi Q5 or Q7 does what it says on the tin then. Not a very good reason to leave a marque in my opinion.

Roger
    If I pay £62k for something I certainly expect it to work as well as the marketing blurb and sales guys say it will. If it doesn't then I expect the manufacturers to speedily and willingly rectify matters. Neither of these statements is true. I have given Jaguar their chance to make amends but they haven't and so I will definitely look elsewhere next time whereas for my previous 4 purchases I have only looked at Jaguar. One of my friends has just bought a Q7 so I shall be asking him for his thoughts after he has owned it for a while. I will also have a look at the Porsche SUV.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast