Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Getting expensive

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Capri Iím not sure which relays they are . Iím offshore just now so my partner will pick the car up next week sometime so I will get her to ask exactly what theyíve managed to do and find on my car . Will post as soon as I know

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason i ask witch relays stay active and the mechanics cant find the cause is that the the power down of the system goes in steps. First it goes from 3 amp to 1.5 amps, then it drops to 0.7 amps and finally it drops to 0.03 amps. Its the last step from 0.7 amps to 0.03 amp you cant test by removing fuses or modules. In that case you need to monitor the SCP network to see witch module keeps sending a message witch prevents the system to go to sleep.

You need a diagnostic tool that can monitor the SCP network after the ignition is turned off and this can only be monitored with IDS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all Iím finally picking my car up later today . Itís been nearly 3 months so looking forward to driving it once again .its not quite fixed ! They have fitted a switch so I donít physically have to remove the earth lead from the battery . Iíve asked for a detailed invoice so I can show you guys later how far they got with the battery drain problem so hopefully you knowledgeable guys can maybe spread some light on it . Was told on the phone yesterday they know whatís causing the drain but canít find a way to stop it . Theyíve fixed the aircon and fitted a new horn and the bill is about £600 which to be fair Iím quite happy with as they have spent hours upon hours trying to fix it and only charged me a few hours . Considering the local garage charged me £500 for a part I didnít need Iím quite happy JCAT have only charged me a few hours . Anyways Iím waffling a bit . Will post details later today

4. Likes stanboy, ducmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is whatís written on the invoice ;check quiescent drain current - measured after shut down with car in locked state at 700mA.goes on to say current drain discovered to be related to rear general electronics module - when disconnected drain within spec at 70mA. Tried substituting in another rear gems module but drain again at 700mA . Drain must be due to a Cct driven by rear gems module . Discuss with customer labour time already charged and unknown time required to try to identify the cause . Fitted battery isolator to prevent drain

Post Thanks / Like
    What year and model do you have?

Which relays stayed powered upup?

Now that we know which module was not shouting down we can look at the wiring diagram to see if we can get anywhere with it.
    Grumpy Old Git
    ďWhen a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.Ē
    Napolťon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

7. Likes S-Type Owner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I gather it's an STR.

Voltage drop across each fuse is likely to be a fairly easy way to see what's staying on once the 40 mins or so shut down time has elapsed but first it would help to know whether that 700mA is after that period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all yes itís a 2005 STR . Iíve not been told which relays donít go to sleep . Only that itís a problem with the gem

Post Thanks / Like
    It did state on the invoice that the 700mA was After the 40 mins shutdown period 04STR

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be as simple as the boot courtesy light not turning off when the boot is closed, if it's driven by the rear electronic module.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at fig 3.06. The only relay that is controlled directly by the the rear module is the fuel pump

http://jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepa...cal-2005on.pdf

Will print it out tomorrow to have a better look.
    Grumpy Old Git
    ďWhen a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.Ē
    Napolťon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast