Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Getting expensive

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning all . All your help and advice is greatly appreciated but I must admit I’ve not got the confidence in my ability to attempt this myself . I really don’t mind paying for someone infinitely more knowledgeable than me to follow your directions if they can fix the problem . Might be worth my while taking all the info you have kindly sent me back to JCAT and see if they will have another shot at it . I have even thought about driving to Doncaster and find the Indy who’s been mentioned on here quite a few times unless any of you guys are thinking about a working holiday in sunny Norfolk lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ducmon View Post
    F46 10 Luggage compartment lid and interior lamps, fuel filler flap solenoid
    F47 15 Rear electronic module, , fuel pump driver (Petrol only), fuel pump lift (Diesel only)
    F48 10 Right-hand rear reverse lamp, fog lamp (2002), direction indicator, side marker, number plate
    F49 15 Secondary fuel pump module (S/C only)
    F51 ACC adaptive cruise control
    F53 10 Right-hand rear stop and tail lamps, high mounted stop lamp, fog lamps (2003-200
    F55 10 Door lamps, roof courtesy lamps, map lamp, visor lamp, puddle lamp, glovebox lamp, garage door opener
    F57 10 Left-hand rear stop and tail lamps, fog lamps (2003 -200F
    F59 15 Rear electronic module, rear and passenger door locks, boot solenoid, steering column (2002-2003)

Here are what the fuses are used on
    Mark there are only 9 fuses, so you can isolate the faulty circuit yourself in 3-4 steps.

I doubt it's the Adaptive Cruise.

Attach your ammeter in series with the battery negative cable. If you can do this you can do the rest.

1. Pull out fuses F46, F47, F48 and F49.
    Wait for 45-50 minutes, read the current. If it's more than 0.1 Amps go to Step 2.

1a. Put F46 and F47 back and test again. If it's more than 0.1 Amps go to Step 1c.

1b. Put back F48 and test again. If it's less than 0.1 Amps the problem is in F49 circuit. If it's more than 0.1 the problem is in F48. You've found the circuit. End.

1c. Pull F46 and test again. If it's more than 0.1 Amps it's F47. If it's less it's F46. End.

2. The problem is in F53, F55, F57 or F59. Pull F53 and F55 and put back F46, F47, F48 and F49. Test again. If it's more than 0.1 Amps go to Step 3.

2a. Put back F53 and test again. If it's more than 0.1 Amps it's F53. If it's less it's F55. End.

3. Put back F57 and test again. If it's less than 0.1 Amps it's F59. If it's more it's F57. End.

4. Leave out the suspect fuse and put back all of the rest. Test again to confirm.

5. If you have not isolated the fuse, refit them all and pull F51 and test again.

If there are no typos (please check chaps) then this is all you need to do to find the faulty circuit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim doing this by the fuse numbers in the order of the numbers will not work but the idea is good.

f47 and f49 fuel pump module relay.

Switchsystem power

relay 3
    has 4 fuses

F44, F51,F53 and F55

Relay 4 also four fuses

F46, F48, F57 and F59

So if they are pulled relay by relay

We can see if these are the relays that do not go to sleep.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ducmon.

Can you make a new sequence for Mark then please.
    Last edited by Jim_S-V6_2004; Yesterday at 22:21.

Post Thanks / Like
    We already know that it is two relays that are not going to sleep.

This is why I have all the fuses listed which are at the back of the car first and suggested th a mark buys those cheap amp meters so that he could check four fuses at a time.

A mobile car electrics person could do this for him if they also used four amp meters but we have to confirm that it is these relays first and your method would be great for that.
    Grumpy Old Git
    “When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain.”
    Napoléon Bonaparte

2003 (botox) S type 3.0 sport with manual gearbox, as rare as rocking horse apples

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112