Thread: Audi RS3

Post Thanks / Like

Audi RS3

Some of you may remember I met a young guy several years ago, turned out he went to school with my youngest son Connor. I was actually in my local shop and came out to find this young guy admiring my XJ X358 that I previously owned

Nice young guy and switched on for his 19 years as he was at the time, waxing lyrical about the Jag and its lines, he was / is a car guy too and owned a Vauxhall VXR heavily modified at the time, tastefully done though. We became friends through car related stuff and kept touch through the years.

I got a call from him a few weeks ago to say he'd saw I changed my car to the newer Jag X351 and she was a beauty, he'd got another one too and be good to catch up.

He came out earlier this evening proud as punch and rightly so, to show off his new, just out the box Audi RS3 complete with stage 1 remap already installed, what a beauty, see below...

£50k brand new and with tons of power, now running 500bhp and just an animal of a car.

0-60 comes in 3 seconds and the launch is just crazy.

He's 22 years old now, works on the railway and doing alright for himself and a nice guy to boot. Really nice to see some of the younger boys switched on and enjoying the car scene

Took him out in mine and showed all the tricks she has up her sleeve and I think he enjoyed it, the luxury aspect etc, but clearly more about the raw power at his age, fair play

Did my heart good, put a smile on my face and really pleased for him and just told him to enjoy the hell outta it, but be careful of hedges / ditches and lampposts and to keep his licence intact....

Jim
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/3i38gydiy/
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

2. Likes Jimbov8, Villanova27, C16RKC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post

Did my heart good, put a smile on my face and really pleased for him and just told him to enjoy the hell outta it, but be careful of hedges / ditches and lampposts

Jim
    And carjackers (very desirable Manchester and Birmingham areas in recent times )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by s collins View Post
    And carjackers (very desirable Manchester and Birmingham areas in recent times )
    Yeah I told him that too...…

Jim
    MY2016 ( 65 ) XJ X351 3.0d Portfolio LWB, Black, London Tan leather interior, 20" Orona alloys, picnic tables and rear multimedia
    MY2009 ( 58 ) X type 2.2d Sport Premium, Heated seats, Front & Rear park assist, Sat Nav, 18" Proteus alloys, tinted rear windows, Heko wind deflectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Crikey, 22 years old and driving something that dispatches with 0-60mph in 3 seconds..... How on earth do these youngsters afford the insurance!!

The acceleration must be amazing!
    Regards
    Chris Clark
    2001 XJ Daimler Super V8 (Car for 'best')
    2003 Mercedes S320CDi (Daily workhorse)
    2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 2.7TDi (The Wife's baby hauler)

Previous cars: 1992 XJ40 Sovereign, 1994 XJ40 Sovereign, 2000 XJ Sovereign, 2000 Daimler V8, 2003 X350 Super V8, 1994 Renault Clio(!), 1999 Mercedes S430L, 2008 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel, 2003 Mercedes S320CDi, 2007 XJ X358 Sovereign Diesel LWB

www.autosanity.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C16RKC View Post
    Crikey, 22 years old and driving something that dispatches with 0-60mph in 3 seconds..... How on earth do these youngsters afford the insurance!!

The acceleration must be amazing!

Yes it beats me too Chris

He's a really nice lad, well brought up and seems ahead of the game for his 22 years. He works with the Railway and makes really good money to be fair
    I would imagine the insurance has to be £2k - £3k maybe even more

That said, he doesn't really drink, doesn't smoke etc, just an out and out car guy, that's his thing.

The acceleration is beyond belief, never experienced anything quite as fast and I've been in some nice powerful cars. He used launch control and showed what she can do, slammed into the back of the seat and from 0 - 60 like you wouldn't believe..
    Very very addictive.

I did tell him to watch for hedges / lamp posts / ditches and to try to keep his licence which will be difficult I would guess

An older friend of mine has the same car bought recently, he's an Audi tech and has his own business. He's added uprated clutch, bigger turbo's and had a stage 2 remap along with ceramic brakes fitted, serious money.
    He's running 600+ bhp in something that weighs very little, an awesome ride

Jim