Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XF(X260) Navigation Map Update

Post Thanks / Like

XF(X260) Navigation Map Update

The latest map update for my InControl Touch navigation is dated Quarter 3, 2016 which is almost 2 years out of date.
    Jaguar say that map updates will be provided at varying intervals from 18 months onwards.

The GPS navigation by Sygic on my Apple I Phone is much more frequent.

Am I unusual in expecting something more frequent than 18 months from a premium brand like Jaguar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried to see if an update is available by going to the incontrol touch maps download page? You’ll need your SD card to find out.

The incontrol touch pro has updates every 30 days, free for the life of the warranty.
    Current Car:
    2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY.

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2004 X-Type 3.0L AWD SE Auto estate.
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Resident Super Moderator.
    V6 X-Type Oil Sump Replacement Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Ian, could you spell out in simple terms how that works?

I've found at least two Jaguar sites from which map updates appear to be available. One is incompatible with my Mac. The other seems to work to a certain stage but then freezes on a dialogue window which tells me to insert a data stick, which is already inserted. It has a refresh button but that doesn't do anything.

What is it about Jaguar that there rarely any detailed information, just bland statements that imply an easy process that often just doesn't work? Maybe its OK if you're a tech whiz but I'll bet many just give up on it. I know I'm close to that stage.

As it happens, the Route planner app that just wouldn't work for me has now started to work, after contacting Jaguar CS and being simply referred to my dealer who hadn't a clue either. Maybe some improvements have been made to the app but not acknowledged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, can you tell me where it says the map updates are free. My car is going in to update the clock, which occasionally stops when the vehicle is parked, I asked the dealer about updating the satnav and they insisted it was chargable. I've tried putting the SD card in to do it myself but again they seem to want £73.

Post Thanks / Like
    The touch pro map updates are free on a 3 year subscription included with the car, the standard Touch 8” however is not. They only gave one complementary update a while back, not sure if that still available.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PScott543 View Post
    Ian, could you spell out in simple terms how that works?

I've found at least two Jaguar sites from which map updates appear to be available. One is incompatible with my Mac. The other seems to work to a certain stage but then freezes on a dialogue window which tells me to insert a data stick, which is already inserted. It has a refresh button but that doesn't do anything.

What is it about Jaguar that there rarely any detailed information, just bland statements that imply an easy process that often just doesn't work? Maybe its OK if you're a tech whiz but I'll bet many just give up on it. I know I'm close to that stage.

As it happens, the Route planner app that just wouldn't work for me has now started to work, after contacting Jaguar CS and being simply referred to my dealer who hadn't a clue either. Maybe some improvements have been made to the app but not acknowledged?
    If you have a touch pro then go to https://jaguar.here.com/

Log into the site, select my account>downloads and see if the map update is newer than the one on your infotainment. Select to download the file, you’ll need a FAT32 USB stick with at least 32GB available, USB 3.0 recommended. Then once complete plug that into your car, select navigation and it’ll find it and ask you to confirm, takes 10-15 min to install. Have to be stationary to commence the download then you can drive. i use a windows machine to do the update.
    Current Car:

Previous Cars:
    2000 S-Type 3.0L SE Auto
    2007 XK x150 4.2L Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Ian, thanks very much for your reply, I'll ask if the update is still available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm still unable to download the map update.

I get nowhere on my iMac. When i click download I just get a message telling me to put in a FAT32 device with at least 27.6Mb free space. A new 32MB stick is inserted.

I've booted up my old PC, downloaded the updater and when I try to update that I get a message telling me to insert device, even though its in there. When I 'try again' on the second try i get a message telling me 'Use only FAT32 device, insufficient free space'.

I'm going to buy a new 64Mb USB3 stick and try that or it'll have to wait until the car gets serviced in December when I'll try to get the whole system updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PScott543 View Post
    Well, I'm still unable to download the map update.

I get nowhere on my iMac. When i click download I just get a message telling me to put in a FAT32 device with at least 27.6Mb free space. A new 32MB stick is inserted.

I've booted up my old PC, downloaded the updater and when I try to update that I get a message telling me to insert device, even though its in there. When I 'try again' on the second try i get a message telling me 'Use only FAT32 device, insufficient free space'.

I'm going to buy a new 64Mb USB3 stick and try that or it'll have to wait until the car gets serviced in December when I'll try to get the whole system updated.
    is the stick definitely formatted in FAT32 and not NTFS or ExFAT?

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke to the dealer and they insisted that jaguar have never done free updates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast