Thread: Security Control Module LJE2600BD

Post Thanks / Like

Security Control Module LJE2600BD

I'm looking for a spare SCM for a 2005 XK8 coupe. eBay seem to be dry of them at the moment. Alternatively, a contact for someone who can diagnose and repair a faulty one would be useful. At the moment, I have to open the door with the key and disable the alarm within 7 seconds by getting the key into the ignition and turning it.
    2005 XK8, Platinum Silver, 20'' Detroits.

Post Thanks / Like
    breakers probably your best bet, these are increasingly rare - Penge jag perhaps, also had good experience with North east Jag and Euojag
    http://www.avilec.co.uk/ might be able to help repair i've used them successfully, but i think they are mainly ECU?
    1996 Xk8 convertible - 82,000 miles - Sherwood Green, Stone hood, Cream/Sable interior

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I would do some more research on this fault before deciding you need a new SLM - it's a reasonably common problem, but the only solution I have seen involved repairing the ECU not the SLM.

You can also turn off the "insert key to disable alarm" feature - it's a dealer software option.

Post Thanks / Like
    this might be a stupid question, so apologies - have you tried replacing the battery in the key remote? My XK8 used to do exactly this when the batteries where low/dead.
    it may also be worth going through the re-paring the remote procedure, (something to do with going through a sequence on the j-gate from memory but not sure). if the battery has been dead a while the key may have forgotten the codes.
    J
    1996 Xk8 convertible - 82,000 miles - Sherwood Green, Stone hood, Cream/Sable interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi flozgk and Nerja, thanks both for the replies. I have replaced the batteries in both fobs and tested them on the very handy YouTube method of demonstrating the signal transmission on a Samsung tv. Both work fine. I have tried the flasher stalk reprogramming method twice but no success. I've also checked the continuity of the areal lead up to the rear window connection and it's fine. I have opened up the unit and there are no visible signs of corrosion, failed components or dry joints.
    I'm going to try disconnecting the battery for a hard reboot as a last resort and will then start the hunt for a repair or replacement unit. I'll let you know how I get on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nerja, I'm curious about the ECM being the possible fault. Can you tell me how this would affect the security/central locking please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanj View Post
    Hi Nerja, I'm curious about the ECM being the possible fault. Can you tell me how this would affect the security/central locking please?
    I don't know but presumably the ECU has some function to do with programming/remembering/recognising the key fobs. The problem you are having is a common one and other people have posted that changing the SLM didn't fix it, but replacing the ECU did.

If you can't even source a new SLM it might be worth getting your ECU checked or even swapping that part, but I would certainly do more research on this before spending any money.