Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Boot opening

Post Thanks / Like
    One press and lift on mine but I am experimenting with some shorter strut bodies and machine springs.
    2005 55 reg 06MY 2.0D Sovereign.
    Jaguar Racing Green - HGZ

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I'm guessing from what you're saying that your latches are only single stage, ie latched or open ? All this has led me to do a little research on part numbers & fitment for the different years of production, & I have found quite a few different part numbers just for the latch assembly, most now superseded to the latest type which seems to fit all models. (Saloons). Also, I'm finding references to 'with' or 'without' 'safety release', so I'm now thinking I have 'safety release' & you don't. To me, that would explain the two distinct stages my latch has &, by the sound of things, yours doesn't ? I think the 'safety' latches were meant for other markets like USA, Canada etc, (see this SNG Barratt link, use the 'Trunk lid latch' drop down on the left, https://www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/Eng...K%20LID%20LOCK) but I guess if Jag ran out of the non safety UK market latches, they may have used what they had, or mine may have been replaced at some point, (as said, it does look fairly new,) although as I have mentioned, I have seen other similar age X type saloons that have definitely had the two stage, or 'safety release' type latch, suggesting it was a UK factory fit, at least for a while. Either way, it may explain the different behaviour of our boot latches.

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had.
    02.5MY S Type 2.5L, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've an 09 2.2 SE and when I press the boot release on the fob, I hear the lock activate and the boot pops up, then all I have to do is lift it. I do want to change it so that it auto opens fully, same as my mates 3 series BMW, as its a bit pointless the way it does it.
    2009 (09) X-Type 2.2d SE Auto Trim: Leather Ivory St Oyster Upr R/Wood 09 Paint: Tektite 2063 Grey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234