Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boot opening

Post Thanks / Like

Boot opening

Should the boot open fully when using the key fob? I can't remember...
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 58,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers, hardwired Nextbase dash cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, it just pops the lock and leaves the rest to you.....
    2.2D X Type Sovereign. 57 reg, Indigo blue metallic. 118k. Everything works! (So far....) Niggly jobs sorted, but always something to do for a tinkerer!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember seeing somewhere that you can upgrade the springs to add more *pop*
    So it will open quite a bit on its own.
    X-Type 2.0d Classic 04MY
    Well... 🎵 It's got a CD player! (Player player player player)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaktoaster View Post
    I remember seeing somewhere that you can upgrade the springs to add more *pop*
    So it will open quite a bit on its own.
    That's something I would be very interested in doing. It's one of the things that really pi**es me off about our X type ! Using the fob to open the boot only results in it releasing from the first stage of the catch, but it's still latched on the second stage, so you have to press the fob button while lifting the boot lid. Might just as well unlock the car & use the button on the boot lid. And what idiot decided to not incorporate a facility to use the key to open the boot ? A flat battery, or worse a broken wire, & you can't get in ! A really stupid design omission !
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

Post Thanks / Like
    Having just swapped from an S to an X i would also be interested to see if a stronger pop on the boot opening is possible, as others have said it is annoying that the boot does not open all the way like the S did , you still have to put down the shopping on the usually wet floor if you have your hands full,
    just one of the things i miss from my S

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah yes, it was the S-type that opened all the way, I remember now! Thanks.
    2002, 2.1 Manual Sport, 58,000, BRG... Retrofit: 18' Proteus wheels/Avon ZZ5's, Brembo pads & discs, braided hoses. Parrot Asteroid Smart. Electric rear windows, powerfold mirrors, premium speakers, hardwired Nextbase dash cam.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 'search' facility on this forum is worse than useless isn't it?

8. Likes Mr Squirrel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if the actuators from the S-Type will fit the X-Type in that case... I actually don't have any idea.
    X-Type 2.0d Classic 04MY
    Well... 🎵 It's got a CD player! (Player player player player)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why I asked. One of mine broke off, a common problem I'm told. Having replaced it (at great expense!), I expected the boot to majestically rise to the fully open position, only to be greeted by a slight 'crump' leaving me to open the boot as usual. I suspect it is the hydraulic struts that need to be beefed up. If the S-type ones fit it would be sensible planning by Jaguar. So, probably not then...

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my S at the moment so i will have a look to see if they will fit the X,
    back in a minute

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast