Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New S type possibly required, opinions sought on diesels

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very pleased this turned up for you OW.

2. Thanks orsom weels thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to hear of a pleasing result for both sides. Hope it turns out to be a good one.

It is not possible to have too many Jaguars
    S-Type 3.0 Manual MY2001 in Pacific Blue with Cashmere Leather Sport Seats, Sunroof, Melbourne Alloys, Premium Sound plus some other stuff ... 55k miles.
    XKR 5.0 Speed Pack MY2011 in Polaris White with Ivory/Charcoal Leather, Nevis Alloys and R-Performance Interior plus some other stuff ... 16k miles.
    Hyundai Tucson 1.6T AWD MY2016 in White Sand. Basic, comfortable and surprisingly fast and competent ... 10k miles.
    FIAT Coupe MY1997 in Steel Grey with Tan Leather ... 55k miles.

4. Thanks orsom weels thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly, Jags are nicer in prides!

6. Likes orsom weels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the nice comments chaps. Picked her up last night but won't be taxing her until the 1st of next month, which will give me a few days to give her a once over. I spent a bit of time going through some of the box full of paperwork last night, & apparently it is a Sport plus model, which accounts for all the extra toys (Electrochromic interior & door mirrors, CD changer in the boot, 10 way memory driver & 8 way passenger seats, headlight power wash etc). I now have an October 2003 dated price list with all the model specs listed, along with available optional extras & their prices. A copy of the original sales receipt shows she cost her original owner £28,950, plus £155 for a body coloured boot spoiler, plus £395 for cruise control with steering wheel audio & telephone controls . Quite amazed that it didn't come with cruise as standard, or the spoiler come to that, being a sport plus . I didn't pick it up when we looked at it the other day, but she has chrome grille surround, bumper trims & boot trim/plinth, which of course should be body coloured on the sport models. I much prefer the chrome, so that's good, but when we picked her up, all the original body coloured parts were in the boot & the old boy told me he had swapped them as he also preferred the chrome look . Will try to sort some pic's, but may need some help with how best to do that now, as I can't attach any more here, I've used my allowance already, apparently . I still can't get over how good she is for a 14 year old car, despite the mileage. To say I'm rather chuffed is a bit of an understatement .

Regards, OW
    1999 S Type 3.0L SE, A truly lovely old girl that's served me well. Probably the best car I've had. Now retired.
    02.5MY (X202) S Type 2.5L SE, 58,000 miles, full Jag s/h, all papers, MOT's, receipts etc from new when purchased.
    2006 X type SE 2.2 Diesel. Supposed to be Mrs O's economical commuter car.
    2004 (X202) 2.5L Sport plus, to replace the 3.0L

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678